Missing cartilage after rhinoplasty. Could this be fixed using fillers? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty in June of this year and had noticed a dent where the hump was removed. I don't know if the surgeon shaved away too much cartilage but it now looks as though my nose is divided into two sections where my nasal bone is separated from the cartilage. Could this be fixed using fillers?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Swelling , some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you very much for enquire.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Dent in nose corrected with fillers

Fillers have their use for small irregularities which can occur after rhinoplasty. 

Unfortunately your nose appears to be over resected and you appear to have an inverted V deformity.

You will need a secondary surgical procedure to correct this.

Dent in nose corrected with fillers

Nose dent & fillers

While fillers may be able to give you a bit of volume, you will probably want to schedule an appointment with either your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss a revision augment that area permanently. Sorry that you've had less than stellar results.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Nose dent & fillers

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Not likely

It appears from your pictures that you probably have had overresection of the nasal dorsum and a resulting frontal view appearance as you have shown. Temporary fillers maybe able to help to some degree, but these are going to only be able to "tent" up the skin so much. At some point you may decide on a revision with augmentation of the dorsum with cartilage/fascia to restore a more balanced appearance.

Samson Lee, MD

Not likely

Samson Lee, MD

It appears that your issue is what is often referred to as an inverted V deformity which is caused by the upper lateral cartillages leaning in too much after rhinoplasty. Grafts from your own cartilage called spreader grafts can be used to restore a smooth contour in revision rhinoplasty. Filling the nose with fillers is an option, however, be cautioned that you are in very experienced hands for this as improper administration of fillers in the nose can lead to loss of skin and tissue. Be sure you discuss all of these options with your surgeon before proceeding. 

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon