I'm in my mid 30s and want to get rid of laugh lines around my eyes.

I'm in my mid 30's and want to get rid of laugh lines around my eyes. Could microdermabrasion be a considerable option ?

Botox

Hi 

Thanks for your question. Microdermabrasion will help to soften and improve the appearance of fine lines however if these lines are much deeper an injectable treatment will be needed to achieve satisfactory results. The Hydrafacial is known as the 'wet Microdermabrasion treatment' and proves to reduce the appearance of ageing and fine lines. This is a treatment worth looking into.

Kind regrads

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Laugh lines and microdermabrasion

Microdermabrasion can reduce appearance of fine lines. It does not remove them. When it comes to more pronounced wrinkles, microdermabrasion is not helpful. Overall it improves your skin appearance and reduces appearance of fine lines and scars. You may consider dermal fillers for your fine lines. There are many options out there, depending what you prefer when it comes to the price and the length of the filler effect. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Microdermabrasion can help with facial lines, but deeper wrinkles may respond better to fillers.

Many people have seen a major improvement in their skin after having microdermabrasion. It may take several sessions, but the procedure can reduce the appearance of facial lines. Microdermabrasion blasts dead skin cells from your face, leaving behind a softer and more youthful texture. If you have deeper lines or want to see a more dramatic result, you can try injectable fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and RADIESSE®. You may also want to consider BOTOX®, which reduces the appearance of lines in the forehead and around the eyes by relaxing the surrounding muscles. BOTOX® can also be combined with fillers.

Gordon Andan, MD
New York General Surgeon

Lines around eyes

I think you are asking about crow's feet and the best treatment for this is Botox but it will not get rid of them. Improvement is what we are after in cosmetic surgery

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist