To Lift or Not to Lift: I am a DD now but not happy with the shape at all. (photos)

I'm 27 year old mum of 2, have breastfed twice and have always had larger breasts but now they have a lot of extra tissue and have lots symmetry from favouring one breast during feeding, I would like High Profile 325cc - basically to end up a E size. Please advise best procedure thanks in advance

A Breast Lift Could Enhance Augmentation

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the #implants to be used. Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from #shaped implants.
It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size? The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that we choose. It is also very helpful to know your height, your weight, and your dress size as well. All these can be considered when discussing your #options.

The right shape for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.
#HowToChooseBreastImplant
#ChoosingImplantSize

Breast augmentation

You have minimal ptosis and great shape. The implants will only add fullness and volume to your breasts. The choice of the style of implant and the sizing and volume is most important here 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

To Lift or Not to Lift

Based on the information you have shared, I do not see a need for a breast lift.  Implants will add volume to your breast.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

UPLIFT OR NOT?

Thank you for your question and photos. An implant will not change the shape of your breasts but will increase the fullness and roundness. In order to be able to advice you better, you should explain why you are unhappy with the shape of your breasts. The asymmetry you have is quite normal and can only be corrected with a skin re- tightening procedure which will leave some degree of scarring. My advice would be to consult 2 experienced plastic surgeons, compare the advice you receive and then, only when very sure of what you want to achieve, proceed with surgery.

All the best.

Andrea Marando
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Manchester - London  - UK

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant Sizing

Hi Maddrissole

I think you would do best with slightly different anatomical implants rather than going for rounds. There is a reasonable chance that you will not need a lift if your implants are chosen well.

Getting implants will exaggerate your nipple asymmetry as your chest wall will be thicker, hence magnifying the differences.

Performing a lift at the same time as implants is possible, but carries a revision rate of 25-33%. You might be better planning your implants, and getting a lift 6 months down the track (if needed) when your Specialist Plastic Surgeon will be more certain to get you completely symmetrical.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

To Lift or Not to Lift: I am a DD now but not happy with the shape at all.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD