Possible infection 6 days post BA? (Photo)

385cc under twighlight. Felt a lot of op. Most be tolerant to anesthesic. Had IV antibiotics during surgery. Wonderful surgeon. Wonderful nurses. Healimg well, althoight still bruosed and uncomfortable. Have a red mark and slight raised and puffy skin/swelling between boob's. Have taken picture. Imean not feverish or have increased temps around red mark. What is it possibly? I can't fly back to Sydney to ask surgeon. Any suggestions? Please don't scare me.

Possible infection 6 days post BA?

From the photo it looks like a little skin irritation however, it is impossible to say for sure. I reccommend following up with your chosen surgeon for an in person assessment. 

Regards, 

Worried about infection after breast augmentation

Echoing comments from other surgeons I would recommend you sending a photo to your surgeon who knows you, your history, and the specifics of your procedure best.  I do not see anything on the photo that looks overly concerning for infection.  Nonetheless, finding someone locally (perhaps recommended to you by your surgeon) who can evaluate you might be the best way to ensure all is well. 

Possible infection follow breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is very unlikely you have an infection, but I would recommend you send this photo to your plastic surgeon in Sydney and ask for advice.  They may have a colleague in Brisbane they would recommend that you see.  Your own plastic surgeon is always the best bet because they are familiar with your particular case, physical history, and surgery. It could be bruising, but contact your doctor to be sure.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Red

Hello, I would recommend sending this pictures and discussing this with your PS as they know exactly what they did during the case. Infection is pretty rare in augmentation. If you can't speak or your surgeon has no further information, then you need to see someone who can examine the area for any issues. Good Luck.

Breast augmentation - now red spot in mid-chest

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• So glad you have a good result and love your surgeon.
  • One can't tell you what is going on.
  • Please contact your Sydney surgeon tell her/him exactly what you said here and include the photos.
  • Although it does not look like a breast implant infection in the photo, your surgeon is the one to contact.
  • Even if from a distance, s/he may want to prescribe antibiotics -
  • Or have you seen by a colleague in Brisbane.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Possible infection

Although an infection after breast augmentation is extremely unusual, it is certainly possible.  A temperature over 100.4 degrees F, chills, shakes, or tremors are all signs of an infection.  However, it is possible to have an infection without these.  If your concerned at all, you should see a local physician who can take a look and assess you.

Samuel Beran, MD

Possible infection?

Good afternoon,

Based on your picture and what you have said it is more than likely just a bit of skin irritation. Like all of the other doctors that have answered I would highly reccommend you sending this picture to your surgeon and get their opinion on the matter as they will be the most suitable professionals to help answer this question. Hope all is well.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Bruising can be normal for up to 6 weeks following breast augmentation with breast implants. I always recommend seeing your Plastic Surgeon to be sure you are healing properly.

Thank you for your question .

Check with doctor

Please alert your doctor.
From the photos this looks more like bruising or reaction but it could be an early infection.

Post Op Concerns

Shortly after surgery you can expect tightness, swelling and discomfort in your breast/chest area. If you think that something you see is unusual or concerning call your Plastic Surgeon or visit a local Plastic Surgeon/Hospital. When it comes to infection or wound issues nothing beats an in-person exam.

All the best