I am 2 months Post breast augmentation and my left breast still hasn't dropped. What can I do? (photos)

Hi I'm Alisha, I am now 2 months post op I have 675cc silicon, under the muscle and my left breast has not dropped. It doesn't feel hard I've tried everything I can think of to help it settle but no luck.

I am 2 months Post breast augmentation and my left breast still hasn't dropped. What can I do?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

You should address your questions and concerns to surgeon.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post op breast asymmetry

2 months is usually adequate time to drop...usual 4-6 weeks.  Often massage is recommended early on to help keep supple and migrate downward.  A breast band (compression) over the superior portion of the breast can be used to help encourage descent, but this is usually done in the first 2 months.  If they have not migrated down by then, at least based on the pictures, it's likely the dissection pocket needs to allow for repositioning of your infra mammary fold (fold below breast) on the high side.  This requires a revision that can be done relatively easily by your surgeon if needed.  Its best to follow up with your surgeon to discuss options that may help improve your symmetry.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Some asymmetry after surgery is not uncommon and may have been there before. Often times if an implant is placed submuscularly and an implant is lower on one side it may be because the person is right hand or left hand dominant and the implant is being pushed by constant use of that one arm. Check with your board certified plastic surgeon and see what they think of the asymmetry. Sometimes a bandeau can help push the side that is riding too high. Best of luck, MMT

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance should continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks to months as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Usually, final results will be seen 4-6 months postop.  However, given the degree of asymmetry at this time, I don't believe that they will settle to a symmetric position.  Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. It is not uncommon for one breast to settle more quickly than the other due to swelling, dissection, or muscle tightness. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down or implant exchange/revision along with consideration for a breast lift.  Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Dropping

Although it is still a little early, I doubt that it will drop down to equal the other side. Discuss with your surgeon.