I have a central midline hernia. I'm interested in a tummy tuck and hernia repair. What kind of cost would be involved? (Photo)

I have a central midline incisional hernia (from the last of my 3 cesareans). The public health system want to do a vertical incision. I did have issues with my last cesarean due to scar tissue (9 months ago). I have already had advice from surgeons on here that vertical incision is likely not necessary and repair could be done with a tummy tuck from my existing cesarean scar. What sort of fees would I expect for a tummy tuck (and hernia repair) in Queensland? Thank you in advance.

I have a central midline hernia. I'm interested in a tummy tuck and hernia repair.

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

Yes, tummy tuck and hernia repair surgery can (should) be done at the same time.  When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by your national Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.