Will I get a nice natural slope with time? (photos)

Dear Doctors, I am about 3 and ½ weeks post op. Breasts look uneven and square up top, nipples pointing out at 3 and ½ weeks post op.Mentor Memory Gel implants, 225cc, round smooth, under the muscle. The bottom of the breasts are looking nice, but the top look swollen, which I do expect, but they look so different. Why are they look so different? Is there something wrong? I have no significant symptoms except for tightness of the muscle during function and they are still a bit firm. Thank you for your help in advance

Too soon to tell

Basically, it is too soon to tell what your final results will be. May take anywhere from 3-6 months. Be patient for now and kind to yourself as your body recovers. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Will I get a nice natural slope with time?

Thank you for your photos and question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. Be patient and continue massaging your breasts as per your surgeon’s recommendation as it will help to move your implants into place, keep them naturally soft, and may lower the risk of the scar tissue around each Implant from hardening. If after this period you are still not content, it is best to contact your board-certified plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  It actually appears that you achieved a nice result from your breast augmentation.  However, given that you are less than a month post-op, you are still in the healing process.  I tell my patients that they must wait at least three months before assessing the results of their surgeries as their breasts need to reduce in swelling and drop into place.  Moving forward, be sure to closely follow the instructions of your surgeon to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast asymmetry

At 3.5 weeks after surgery you are still early in the recovery phase. It takes 3 months for the swelling to subside and 6 months for the implants to settle into their final resting position. Based on your pictures, everything appears to be healing nicely. You should attend all of your scheduled follow up visits with your surgeon to be examined in person. Good luck and congratulations.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Achieving a natural slope

Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Based on your photographs you appear to have a good early result.  You are still in the very early stages of your post operative recovery and its too early to determine your final result or to be concerned about their final shape and size.  It can take several months for your implants to settle, soften and "drop" so be patient and you should achieve a great result

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time.  Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

It's way too early to comment on your final shape at this point since you are very early in your healing process. You appear to have a great early result so just give your body time to heal to allow ALL the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. I advise my patients this can take a good 4-6 months. Good luck!

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. It is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. This is best done many months from now.
At this point, I would suggest: rest, recovery, and patience.

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question,

At 3.5 weeks post op you are still in the early stages of healing and there is still a lot of softening and settling of the implants to happen yet.  If you had a mild asymmetry before it may always be somewhat there.  Remember, the two breasts are sisters, not twins!  In terms of the shape at this time and the firmness, I often talk about the toothbrush test. That is to say that right now when you brush your teeth, your breasts are like 2 rocks, nothing moves! In another few weeks when you brush your teeth, the rocks will start to jiggle, at 6 weeks more jiggling, but honestly it will be at least 6 months before you have that first day that you "forget" about them.

In that time they will continue to settle and soften into place and although this is more evident at 6 weeks (when you're about 50% healed) it truly is better appreciated at 3-6 months with your final result being one year. It is also common for one side to settle faster than the other and to be sure that you are progressing well be sure to check in with your plastic surgeon. They will provide you specific instructions as to aftercare, exercises etc.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

Early post op

From the photos you have provided, at 24 days post surgery, in my opinion you look quite good. It has  been my experience, that most patients will heal with their breasts at different rates. Usually one side will swell more and will take longer to drop than the other. I would be concerned with this small amount of asymmetry until six months or so has passed. Relax your doing fine.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS