Lower body lift or an extended tummy tuck; with kilo & thigh lift? (Photo)

I've lost 96kg and I'm booked in to have either an extended tummy tuck with thigh lift & liposuction; or I can elect to have a 360 body lift with thigh lift & Lipo. I have what I call "my second set of boobs" under my boobs - will a TT and/or a body lift remove these? Can anyone help with a recommendation of if I go extended tummy tuck; or lower body lift. I have considerable skin on my thighs, hips, bottom & tummy.

After Weight Loss procedures: which will be best

First of all congratulations for the wonderful decision of losing weight. You have started a great journey to a healthier life. 

You are a great candidate for a Lower Body Lift which means a Circumferential Tummy Tuck and includes the pubic lift and buttocks lift BUT it will not improve the excess of skin on the "width" which is seen as the "second set of boobs", that excess on width can ONLY be improved or tighten by doing a Fleur de Lis Technique which is a vertical resection of the excess of skin.

It will not be safe to combine with any other procedure. A SAFE plastic Surgery Procedure should not be over 6 hours plus several other measures as is: walking as work out for 2-3 weeks prior surgery, wearing compression stockings, compression devices through surgery, blood thinners for at least 7 days after surgery, compression stockings for 4 weeks after surgery, movilizacion out of bed ASAP, etc.

Be encouraged!!

Dr. Cardenas

Body lift or tummy tuck

You have a lot of excess skin, which I expect extends right around your abdomen. I think you will get a better result with a full body lift. 

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney 

Massive weight loss

Hi - congratulations on your journey so far.

I would strongly recommend a surgeon who is very experienced with massive weight loss patients.  I do not believe that you should have been given the first surgery as even an option.

You need multi-staged carefully planned out surgical procedures.

Without actually seeing you in person I would recommend:

1.  Lower body lift - this is a huge procedure & I don't usually combine it with other surgeries.

2. Thigh surgery +/- upper body lift.  I believe that your upper abdomen most likely needs a full lift also.

3. Likely to need further touch-ups or revisions.

I hope this helps.  Kind regards

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Just to concur

I agree that a body lift (belt lipectomy) with fleur de lis is your best option. I would do this alone without lipo or thigh lift. Its a big operation and plenty for one day. Longer surgery is associated with more potential complications and you've done too well to have any unnecessary risks taken. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question . Congratulations on your weight loss . I have extensive experience with post massive weight loss body contouring and would suggest the following . 

1. Lower body lift and decompression liposuction of the thighs and calves as needed.

2. Second stage thigh lift and a reverse abdominoplasty if needed for your second set of boobs. ( Depending on how they respond to the lower body lift ).

Breast and arm surgery can be incorporated into the first and second surgeries if wanted.

Good luck . 

Peter Fisher M.D . 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon