Antiseptic cream for incisions?

I am 2 days post op from my breast augmentation and my incisions (in crease of fold) are stinging and burning, I was wondering whether I could put bepanthan or another antiseptic cream to help soothe the pain. Thankyou!

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you for your question.  The best advice is to always consult with your operating physician when you have any questions or concerns with your personal recovery experience as every surgeon has their own unique set of post operative care instructions.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Antiseptic cream for breast implant incisions.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.Please do not put anything on your incisions without your own surgeon's knowledge and approval. Your surgeon needs to be aware of the pain you are having. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Antiseptic cream for incisions

I would talk to your surgeon before applying anything to your incisions. Try ice wrapped in a towel just in case you have some numbness and see if that helps. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

2 days post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would recommend contacting your surgeon to see what he advises. In my practice I don't want patients using any type of cream or ointment until they are at least 4-6 weeks out from surgery. Best of luck.

Anitseptic on incisions

Thank you for your question. I would contact your surgeon to see what they recommend. In my practice I do not want you putting anything on or near the incisions for the first 3 weeks of healing. This heals to keep away any bacteria that might be on your hands or possibly in the product from the incisions in the early healing stages. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation incisions and antiseptic cream

It's always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. I advise my patients to use an antibiotic ointment on top of their steristrip dressing for the first week. Then, if their skin is dry, they should use a gentle moisturizer, like baby lotion, Vitamin E, or cocoa butter for the next five weeks. Skin does like moisture. After six weeks, I believe any moisturizer or skin cream would be fine. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon