What age to start Botox or derma fills ?

I am 28 and have a very very fine line on the outer part of my forehead. I have read mixed reviews regarding botox etc. Is it best to start early and prevent?

It's a personal choice

It's a personal choice, and depends so much on each patient's individual needs. I think early 20's is acceptable as long as the injections are done in a sensible and conservative way.

It is difficult to say without a photo to evaluate. However, there is no specific age to start botox. Consider consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What age to start Botox

Hello Botox65,

Thank you for posting your question. It is hard to assess you without a photo so I would suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. That being said, there is no specific age to start Botox, and I do not feel 28 is too young. There are also other options to help address your skin such as light chemical peels or good skin care. Most importantly, use a physical sunblock to prevent sun damage. Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question.If you have lines/ wrinkles that bother you then 28 is not to young to start Botox treatments. Starting now can help your lines/wrinkles from becoming more prominent.

Best of luck & enjoy your results

There is No Guideline to Age

There is no specific guideline with regard to best age to start neuromodulator (e.g. Botox Cosmetic) treatments or soft tissue augmentation with injectable dermal fillers (e.g. Restylane) or volumizer (e.g. Sculptra Aesthetic). With appropriate indications (e.g. heavy frown lines, deep horizontal forehead lines) neuromodulator treatments for cosmetic conditions are appropriate from young adulthood. With appropriate indications (e.g. lip enhancement, improving nasal profile, highlighting cheek bones) dermal filler injections for cosmetic applications may also be performed from young adulthood.

J. David Holcomb, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox use

Hi BOTOX65
Thank you for your question.  Botox use is to treat or prevent wrinkles.  Its based on expression not age.  Facial expression is causing your lines.  Its always good to prevent them from being more prominent.  Botox or any neurotoxin would help correct your area of concern.  It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best regards!

Starting age for botox treatments

Although there is no real set age for botox injections, in general our clinical decision is based on the nature of one's lines. Using botox injections to address forehead lines in a 28 year old is an appropriate step especially if they are starting to be visible. In addition, this might prevent such lines from becoming more severe in the future so in your case botox can be both preventative and therapeutic. Make sure you see an expert injector to ensure that your results are still natural (very important in the forehead region)! 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is the answer for a forehead line

If you are experiencing unwanted lines in the forehead in your twenties, then Botox is the best treatment to help to make them disappear.  By relaxing the muscles that are responsible for the formation of the lines, you will not only improve its appearance, but you will also train the muscles to not be so active and prevent future lines as well.  Many women first come to Botox because of lines in the forehead that they are unhappy with.  You can start conservatively and add areas to treat as you see that they are necessary.

Corey L. Hartman, MD, FAAD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to botox.

It is best to begin using botox when wrinkles are starting to form, especially expression lines. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

When is the right time to start Botox

Botox is great for treating dynamic rhytids - wrinkles which occur during facial expressions.  The best age to begin Botox treatments is when wrinkles which appear during expressions (frowning, raising your eyebrows) remain even at rest.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD