Follow-up question: Uneven smile?!?! (photo)

Reposting again to clarify I have had an uneven smile my entire life, it is not due to trauma or surgery. I also have a slight lisp and i am unsure whether this is from the positioning of my mouth (my uneven smile)? I have attached photos and am wondering what surgery/botox can be done to fix the uneven smile and whether this may also fix my lisp! Thanks in advance.

To view my original question, click here.

Lisping and Lip Solutions--Botox and Fillers

It depends, most lisps are actually caused by how a person places the tongue when speaking, so treatment may not improve the lisp. Botox in combination with fillers can be used to improve symmetry in this area. The technique will be important here. In addition to fillers./botox, using cannulas for the injections can help shape and contour the lip. Other options would be fat or implants. Lasers or surgery can sometimes help asymmetry. I suggest seeing a facial sculpting expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Uneven smile

looking at your pictures I think Botox will help the unevenness of the smile but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. as far as the lisp is concerned, after the Botox see a speech specialist such as those available at Vanderbilt

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Thank you for the additional information.  I would advocate careful placement of Botox into your right lower lip muscles responsible for pulling that side downward in addition to a small amount of dermal filler placed into the red portion of the lower right lip to help balance its volume relative to the left side.  Neither treatment would be able to correct a lisp. Hope this helps.