Why is my scar not healing? - I had a breast uplift and implants 520g I am so worried I am not healing. (photos)

It's has been nearly 3 weeks and is opening up bigger everyday. I've been on 2 forms of antibiotics but hospital says I havery no infection and to get an appointment in breast clinic as I had my treatment abroad. Is this something to be concern?

Why is my scar not healing? - I had a breast uplift and implants 520g I am so worried I am not healing.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Breast surgery overseas and no follow-up--what to do for wound healing problem?

Your breast lift plus implants procedure is in jeopardy. If these wound continue to open up ("bigger everyday"), you are at risk for having your implants exposed, and once contaminated, they would need to be removed. No antibiotics will avoid this, and the exposed implants would become an ongoing source of bacterial contamination that must be removed to allow healing.

Who would do that for you if your surgeon is "abroad?" A local plastic surgeon (all of whom you obviously felt were not as worthy of your choice as your overseas surgeon) will be asked to "fix" your problem, and you are well on the way to being a mess no one will be eager to tackle. Think of the money you will spend. All the surgical tourism "advantages" will seem moot if this happens to you.

It appears as if nearly every one of your dissolving sutures is contaminated with skin bacteria that your two antibiotics do nothing for. Stitch abscesses are causing your incisions to break down, and antibiotic coverage will not cure excessive tension on wounds that are breaking down. This is a huge concern, and the surgeon who you paid for your surgery is nowhere to be found for your post-operative care.

Yet, what you need right now is an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who might be willing to try to help you. Start looking now as you need help immediately, and you may have difficulty finding someone who is willing to assume someone else's liability. Good luck! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Open wound after breast lift

I would strongly recommend seeking consultation with a local plastic surgeon.  While others may be able to assist with wound care, no other specialist will be able to give you the insight and care you need to prevent implant exposure, or to deal with it once it happens.  The follow on care is as important as the procedure itself, so the savings realized from procedures abroad are unfortunately often lost if any issues arise.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift result

You clearly have areas of skin breakdown, but I do see sighs of healing in parts of your wound. It likely is not infected, but open wound with exudate of wound. If your implant becomes exposed or infected this will be a much bigger deal. You clearly need expert wound care whether plastic surgeon, breast clinic, or wound care clinic. This is one of the chief problems with surgery abroad. I feel patients should be in the same area of their surgeon for the full post op healing time. Get an appointment for care ASAP. Good luck.