Rhinoplasty results 3 months post operation not as good as immediately post op?

I had an open rhinoplasty performed on my nose. I had work done on the nasal bridge and tip. I was happy with the results for up to a month or two post operation, however now the tip looks bigger, less refined and slightly droopy. The nose is still better than what I had pre-operation, but it seems to be getting worse with time rather than improving. Is this normal and how long should I wait before considering a revision?

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty 3 Month Recovery

Thank you for your question about recovery from rhinoplasty.

Pictures would be helpful. At 3 months, I'm certain you still have some swelling.

For specific questions about your recovery, it is generally best to speak with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many different opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you, and nobody knows you or the circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in person consultation.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty swelling increasing after 3 months

Hi Prototype,

Thanks for your question. I am not sure how severe what you are describing but photos would help with your assessment. You plastic surgeon should have discussed that your nose adjusts over 1-2 years after your rhinoplasty. Your scar is still maturing. I would not consider a revision for at least one year. It does happen after primary rhinoplasty in about 10-20% of the time. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@rhinoplasty @tipswelling @docmata #drcarlosmata

Noses taketime to heal

You must be patient,  Go back to your surgeon for reassurance.    You will be fine.   This just part of the nasal healing cycle.   My Best,  Dr Commons