I had a breast lift 2 months ago. It doesn't heal properly & underneath there's this big sores with pass. Any suggestion?(photo)

How can I heal the sores and holes? My GP prescribed 3 courses of antibiotics which didn't changed a thing. The plastic surgeon says that it will be ok. Will it?

I had a breast lift 2 months ago. It doesn't heal properly & underneath there's this big sores with pass. Any suggestion

Thank you for submitting your question.  Without a physical examination, difficult to evaluate. You have developed skin necrosis. Your wound will take a few weeks to heal and usually does not affect the final result. If the scar is contacted once it heals, a simple revision can be performed.    Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and keep close follow ups.  Best wishes

Breast Lift Recovery

Hello and thank you for your question!  Any incision, during the healing phase, may separate or heal unusually slow for a number of reasons.  These include inflammation, infection, wound tension, decreased circulation, smoking or excess external pressure.  If delayed healing occurs, the final outcome is usually not significantly affected, but secondary revision of the scar may be indicated.  With that said, it is difficult to see what is exactly going on without an in-person physical exam.  I would advise you to be seen by your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and be examined.  I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it will heal as long as you continue to follow your surgeon's advise and proper wound care -- keep it clean and dry. It will simply take time so be patient and kind to yourself. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift

I appreciate your question.
Continue conservative wound care
Anitbiotics are not necessary unless infected 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

It all depends

As long as implant does not get exposed you will heal. However if wound breakdown exposes your implant it will not heal. In that case the implant will need to be removed.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Post Op Breast Lift

This problem is likely the result of decreased blood supply to the skin after breast lift. This particular area on the under side of the breast in the middle is the most common location for this to occur. This should heal but proper wound care has to be performed, talk with your surgeon about this. As well, you have to make sure that you are doing everything you can to allow the wound to heal. This includes not smoking and avoiding second hand smoke, maintaining a balanced diet with adequate protein and vitamins and controlling any medical problems that you might have including diabetes. Best of luck with the healing process...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Wound after breast lift

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for your struggles, but wound breakdown at the t-junction is not uncommon. Ask you surgeon about using  different woundcare product to spped up the recovery.  Good Luck.

Will it be ok?

To quickly answer your question - Yes.  In most cases of delayed healing, with aggressive and appropriate wound care, the area will heal.  The resulting scar may not be ideal but could likely be easily revised in the future.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

I had a breast lift 2 months ago. It doesn't heal properly & underneath there's this big sores with pass. Any suggestion?

Good aggressive wound care is a must to attain healing of this open area. Maybe even PRP infusion therapy to area.... 

Breast lift wound

Breast lift or mastopexy can break down where the incisions come together, T zone.  This can be due to tension or tightness or infection.  In this case, you open area will heal by secondary intention.  

John Burns, MD