No bone to place implants?

I have been told I have no bone and so need a denture which clips over existing teeth to give an additional 4 back teeth? I have been told that this is not possible in uk so am willing to travel, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

No bone for implants, you can find a solution in snap indentures, or all on4, by nobel biocare

even if you do not have much bone, there are several techniques, before you do zygoma implants, 

There are 2 ways of restoring this , the first one could be with Snapindentures,

with 8 minimplants, upper and 8 minimplants lower,

you will have a strong support with  snapindentures,

and you will have a great result within a couple of days,

shape size and even color,

you will have that smile you always wanted back with a great confort and support.

All on 4 By Nobel Biocare,

its the best way to go if what you want is a screw retained  bar,

that you do not remove ,

also you will have a strong solution,

extractions (if you need them) and immediate setting of implants are done at the same proceedure,

and within acouple of days, you will be able to enjoy, a great smile ,

with strenght and confort,

that smile you always wanted, this is the moment, shape, size and even color, you will be able to change.

But yes, you have asolution!

No bone to place implants

Often, when patients do not have bone to place implants, the area can be bone grafted to increase the amount of bone making it possible to place an implant with the graft. If you cannot place an implant then to replace 4 back teeth a removable partial denture can be used that will have wire clasps that can be placed around the remaining teeth thus holding the partial denture in place. There are several types of partial dentures: all plastic with wire clasps or a metal framework with plastic (this is the best). Hope this helps you.

Joseph H. Hidalgo, DDS
Plano Dentist

No Bone

You need a CT scan to determine how much bone is remaining. There have been advances in the last several years in bone grafting. This may mean additional surgeries and additional costs but there are some very talented surgeons who can perform bone grafts to accommodate dental implants. 

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Dentist

Bone needed to place implants

TracyAdams21,

Without a CT or 3D scan of your mouth it would be hard for me to tell you exactly what is possible, however, I have many patients who have been told similar "stories".  In my practice our primary focus is on challenging cases and more often than not our team is able to give individuals a full set of upper and lower teeth attached to implants.  Most family dentists do not have the technology and or knowledge base to do this though.  Our team consists of an oral surgeon, restorative/prosthodontic dentist, lab designer, and anesthesiologist.  There are other teams like ours, but I am not aware of any in the UK.  The biggest challenge for most individuals is financial. Procedures like this can cost anywhere between $30-$60,000 US.  I often compare it to buying a new car.  There are financing options available though and that can make things more palatable.

Before going through a procedure like this I would generally recommend that an individual choose a provider very carefully.  It is a lot of money to spend, and you want it done correctly and by a dentist with experience as well as many successful cases under their care.  They should be able to show you pictures of these cases as well as the option of speaking to patients who have gone through the procedure.

Feel free to reach out to me personally if you want more information.  I can also send you a copy of our book about this type of dentistry that is in the process of being published shortly.

Dr. Christian Yaste