Was I a good candidate for Lipo? 3.5 weeks post op (Photo)

I lost 150lbs via exercise and had a tt +chest surgery. The tt was paid for by insurance so no lipo was done. I've gained weight and have loose skin but every Dr. said it was ok to proceed with lipo. 3000ccs removed. Dr. said no compression because of loose skin. It's been 3.5 weeks. I know I'm still swollen but concerned that my body's asymmetry has changed very little. I wonder whether I was a good candidate for lipo in the first place and if I can expect improvement in my body's appearance.

Results after liposuction ?

You appear to be going in a nice direction. Remember allow yourself time to heal, I tell my patients up to 6 months. Keep up the healthy lifestyle and try to have a consistent weight as you wait for the results of your liposuction Good Luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

Being that you are only 3.5 weeks post, and likely still pretty swollen, your results look pretty nice so far.

Liposucton - was I a good candidate?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• First of all - good for you for losing weight. Great achievement!
  • Even though you are still very swollen, your photos show a really nice improvement.
  • You will definitely see even more improvement as the swelling subsides -
  • It can take a full six months for all swelling to go.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Seeing your final liposuction results takes time.

Thank you for your question and photos. Individuals who’ve experienced significant weight loss often have stubborn fat that remains in addition to saggy skin. So to answer your question, yes, you were likely a good candidate for liposuction, but it’s difficult to make absolute statements without having examined you. Unfortunately, the body contouring process after dramatic weight loss is often a multi-step process and may require multiple surgeries to reach your level of desired improvement. You should give yourself at least a year to fully recover before exploring the idea of additional lipo. Best of luck. 

Was I a good candidate for Lipo? 3.5 weeks post op

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Swelling after liposuction

It can take 2-3 months for all of the swelling to go down after liposuction, so I wouldn't make any assessments until that time.

Liposuction did help

You look better after liposuction.   Give yourself a year and do not gain weight.  I think you can be on the way to a nice result.   My Best,  Dr Commons