Will muscle distention effect my Tummy tuck results? (photos)

I am now 7 months post op but at 5 months I had a bad cough and ever since my swelling has been much more. I just sent my PCP and she said it's not fluid and she thinks its muscle distention, she ordered an ultrasound as suggested by my surgeon. At 5 months can you even pop a suture? I didn't feel a pop. How will my results end up now? I attached some pics of 5 months when I was flat and now the bulge.

Will muscle distention effect my Tummy tuck results?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. What you describe is commonly encountered after this procedure. Patients will like their “flatness” immediately after surgery; then, these same patients are disappointed for a period of time once swelling of the tissues occurs. In the longer term (this may take several months and even up to one year), the swelling dissipates and the skin of the abdominal wall "redrapes"  over the smaller underlying  musculoskeletal framework (where the abdominal wall muscles have been brought together again in the midline).

Best to have your plastic surgeon evaluate you if you have noticed significant changes and/or have concerns. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.

Muscle issue?

It is highly doubtful that you "popped" a suture at  5 months out.  Usually by then you have enough scar tissue that the sutures won't really have any effect.  If you suspect something is wrong it is reasonable to check it out.