Is lower bloat normal at 8 days shy of 6 months po Tummy tuck? (photos)

I wake up with a nice flat belly but as soon as I start moving belly bulge. I heard 6 mths to a year. I know nothing is wrong with mr, I'm naturally thin and can actually feel it. Also will my veins near scar always be so visible?

Post-Op Bloating and Swelling

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.Additionally, it may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. If you find yourself concerned or uncomfortable at all then you should not hesitate to see your surgeon in person to have the incisions evaluated for proper healing. Best of luck!

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend having your doctor give you a physical examination. The bulge you are referring to may be water retention or bloating. I would keep an eye on what you are eating and see if this bloating tends to happen more often after something particular you eat, also I would recommend taking a probiotic once a day to help promote healthy digestion and drink plenty of water. The veins may be purely genetic but some other factors that can affect the visibility of veins are shade of skin, aging, fat loss, or medications you are on. It is nothing to worry about but if it bothers you I would speak to your surgeon about opinions to reduce the appearance.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon