I have a big black birthmark on the bone of my leg. Any suggestions?

I have a black birthmark on my bone of my leg I was wondering if it was possible to have it removed I really don't like it and feel really uncomfortable with it being their

Absolutely Possible

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. Birthmarks can be improved with laser treatment or tattoo lasers. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Black birthmark on the leg

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

A darker birthmark may be thicker or deeper. It will of course be able to be treated after a full assessment of the nature of the pigmented birthmark itself. If the diagnosis is in doubt then a biopsy is likely to be advised. If it is entirely benign clinically then other modalities of treatment are available including surgical excision, serial excision if large, shaving or skin laser options.

Seek the advice of an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

I hope that you found this information helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon