I have eye bags under my eyes and some scars in my face. I feel terrible about that, please help me

Help for eye bags and scars

Eye bags are a common problem many people have and there are a variety of treatments that can be used to remove or camouflage them. It is best to assess the problem either with good photographs and even better with an in office consultation. Treatments include filler to reduce the shadow of the bag without having surgery to surgery to remove the excess tissue causing the bag. Both are quite easy to do and have done - you will be surprised! I hope this helps. 

Eyebags/Scarring/Face--Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers/Restylane or Belotero

Without a picture, it is difficult to determine. For eyebags: Lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers and skin care/peels can all help this area. For scarring: I suggest a formal consultation with an scarring expert. You may need a combination approach with lasers, TCA cross, peels/skin care. Best, Dr. Emer.

There are lots of options, both surgical and non-surgical, to address bags under the eyes

I'm sorry to hear that you have these concerns and that they impact you so much.  The good news is that there are very likely a number of options to help.  The only problem here is that we have no details to work with, therefore, it's tough to give you any solid information in this forum.  With respect to the bags under your eyes, you may be a candidate for blepharoplasty, or eyelid tuck, and there are a number of different ways to do that operation and different things that can be accomplished by it, so the specific details about surgical plan depend upon a good exam of your own eyelids and orbits.  As for non-surgical options, many times treatment with injectable products like neurotoxins and fillers can often produce very satisfactory results without the need for surgery.  Again, what fillers or combination of products, and exactly how and where to inject them are details that will need to be worked out after a good physical exam.  Another good option for a more permanent improvement in volume, if indicated, is fat grafting using your own fat instead of fillers.  Lastly, if the skin of the eyelids is also a problem, you may be a candidate for a tightening procedure, with or without surgery or injections.  This would be something like a laser or chemical peel.  With regard to the scars, this depends entirely upon the details of the scars themselves.  Things like location, size, shape, time since injury and the type of injury (trauma, acne, surgery, etc) that caused them, your ethnicity and skin type, and your specific goals are all vital to the planning of scar treatment.  Like the eye bags, there are several potential options here, depending upon those factors I listed above.  You might be a candidate for one or a combination of treatments like injections with steroids and other medications directly into the scar, laser treatments, or surgical revision.  I think given the actual complexity of the situation you would be best served by scheduling some consultations with board certified surgeons to evaluate your problems fully and recommend rational options for treatment.  My own personal opinion is that you will get the best list of options and the best chance for favorable outcome in this situation if you limit your consultations to board certified surgeons, including plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, or occuloplastic surgeons.  All of these doctors specialize in not only non-surgical options, but surgery of the orbits and eyelids, as well as scar revisions.  By limiting your choice to surgeons you will not only be evaluated by doctors with working 3-dimensional understanding of the complex anatomy of the eyelids and orbital region, which is very important for both surgical and non-surgical treatments, but you will also be offered all options for treatment, not just the non-surgical ones offered by non-surgical specialists.  Best of luck to you.

Bags under the eyes

Lower blepharoplasty is a very good option to reduce fat in the lower eyelids which gives the appearance of bags.  Scars on the face can be treated in multiple different ways including laser treatments.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please seek consultation with a well qualified surgeon where you live.

Please be aware that sometimes people's concerns with there appearance are out of proportion to their actual issues.  When extreme this is actually considered a psychological condition called body dysmorphic disorder.  An ethical surgeon will advise you of this if they feel your concerns are out of proportion to your actually physical issues.  Please consider posting an eye strip so we can be more helpful.