Lip injection. Why could they only give me one syringe at a time? (Photo)

My lip has a flat bottom lip I am looking for a fuller lips because from the side You see me my lips are to in if that makes sense I want volume. I have a square face. I got it done yesterday Friday I got one syringe but my friend say I need a little more how much more and were the next appointment in 2 wks I went to a cosmetic surgeon certified Doctor I don't understand why they could only put me one syringe at a time which means i have to go back in 2 wks

Lip filler

Hi lulu1987

Thank you for your question and photo.  Starting with 1 syringe is a good start because of the swelling that will occur.  It is recommended to wait 2 for weeks for everything to fully settle allowing enough time for the swelling to subside.  If you want fuller lips after that I would recommend going back for a second syringe after those first two weeks.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Best of luck!

Fillers

Hello, injectors can put more than 1cc at a time...they just choose not to...which in my opinion is the right choice. After one syringe, swelling becomes more prominent and for me I loose the ability to accurate judge the filler placement. Waiting 2 weeks allows the swelling to subside and result to show from what was done. Then if you want to add more...it much easier to see exactly what your are doing. 

FYI a "cosmetic certified" doctor is not the same a board certified plastic surgeon certified by the American board of plastic surgery. 

Good Luck.

1cc

You should start out with 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Injection

Most reputable physicians will inject the lips one syringe at a time.  It is best to inject one syringe at a time rather than overfilling. However, if you saw your lips and the doctor did not want to inject more, perhaps they  thought that you looked full.  You should return in two weeks and discuss all of your concerns.  Best, Dr. Green