Are dermal grafts a viable solution to get rid of ugly lines around my lips?

I am a 53 yr old female with a mastopexy scheduled in 2 weeks, since I am going to be under anithhesis I am trying to decide if I should get dermal grafts to get rid of deep lines around my lips. Please advise... Thank you!

Botox

Thank you for your question! I would personally suggest botox for you in your case, not a dermal graft.  Ask your doctor what would fit you.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Hi, honestly that's not one of your best options IMHO.  Botox (diluted strength) injected into the vertical lines around the mouth is safe and highly effective.  I have used this to reduce unwanted llines around the lips and mouth for many years.  Hope this helps.

Best bet is non-invasive procedure for lines around lips

Thanks for your question. Without seeing pictures of the area, it is awfully difficult to give you an answer. 

For lines around your lips, you need to be very careful because often if the wrong technique is done or the right procedure is not done accurately, sometimes permanent and not good results may happen. I always recommend that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of the appropriate treatment options and which one(s) may be most appropriate for you.

Many believe that non-invasive procedures in these areas are the most beneficial way to achieve reduction in these lines, from fillers to the fractional lasers to even the new radiofrequency (RF) fractional devices like the Syneron eMatrix or the Venus Viva. Other microneedling RF devices, like the EndyMed Intensif, are also showing very nice results in these areas.

So I would be a little cautious of something invasive, something that may or may not show positive results or may have some negative results, and go with something tried and true and, more importantly, non-invasive. 

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon