2 weeks post op septorhinoplasty. Hit nose tip and has been dull ache rest of evening. Did I injure nose permanently?

2 weeks post op. Septorhinoplasty. Had nose deprojected and small bump removed from bridge, as well as straightened (it was crooked) and deviated septum fixed. I accidentally hit tip cartilage of nose from the bottom with my hand. No bleeding or visible difference, but it's slightly more difficult to breathe now (probably swelling?) and dull ache/light throbbing for the rest of the evening in the tip of nose. Did I permanently mess up nose?! Help!!

Trauma post op

It's hard to say whether something happened when you hit the nose-- possibly yes, possibly no.  Even if you did something to it, it would be difficult to tell since there would be the usual swelling from the surgery itself that may disguise what may have happened. I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bump to the nose after rhinoplasty

While getting used to your new nose, you may be prone to bumps and accidental contact. 

Your nose should be built with the appropriate strength to handle bumps. Yes, while it is healing, it is not as strong. You should be cautious and avoid situations where you are more likely to be struck in the face (sports and crowds).

If there is no bleeding or change in shape there is likely no damage. Swelling on the inside can make breathing temporarily blocked. If you have any concern, you should be evaluated by your surgeon. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon