I'm 18 days post op and my boobs are very uneven with bruising on left breast. (photos)

I'm waiting to see my ps on Monday but was hoping to get some opinions before then.

I'm 18 days post op and my boobs are very uneven with bruising on left breast.

You are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle for the next few months and the breast appearance will change. Address any concerns or questions with your surgeon.

Regards,

You were uneven before surgery

but it doesn't explain the differences in your upper poles.  You need to ask your surgeon how you can get your upper poles level again. Yes, a lift is probably needed but with the difference you have right now, it alone will not correct the discrepancy that you show. Perhaps the high side will come down with time and if it does, then lifting the low side may be enough. Bottom line, let your surgeon know of your concerns so he/she is aware of it as you heal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome. It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look. Be patient.

Uneven breasts

Thanks for your question. From your photography I do see the asymmetry in the left breast does look a little bit larger, while the right breast implant is up higher. it is not uncommon, especially this early in the postoperative period, to have some degree of asymmetry. One breast implant always seems to take longer to drop-down into the pocket than the other. Similarly, one breast seems to swell more than the other. This usually evens out after a month or so. If the bruising on the left is new, and is not been there since a day or two after surgery, I would be concerned that you have a small blood collection or hematoma on that side contributing to the increase in size. I would consult with your plastic surgeon if you're concerned. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS