Can I see a family doctor md for a physical examination for diagnoses for capsular contracture?

I need to see a different surgeon for breast revision but am not finically able to right now. I'm sure I have cc and some Doctors on This site have said my pictures look that way. would a regular doctor see me for a breast examination or a mammogram to confirm and grade the cc? Is there any medicine that can be taken to help with the pain that is stronger then Tylenol but NOT a narcotic, I'm nursing. I've been taking Tylenol and ibuprofen together but haven't noticed much difference.

Capsular contracture issues with breast implants #plasticsurgery

Capsular contracture is a clinical diagnosis and any physician with sufficient training and experience can diagnose the problem. The issue is that CC is generally managed surgically, and a plastic surgeon is the only qualified physician to manage this uncommon problem. 

Thanks for you for your question sorry to hear about your pain. Your primary care doctor may be able to diagnose the capsular contracture, but will not be able to provide you with any detailed information regarding your treatment options. There are no oral medications that I am aware of that will treat an established capsular contracture. Consultation with a plastic surgeon will be most helpful. Some surgeons charge for a consultation fee while others offer complementary consultations. 

I'm sorry to hear of your problem. We see that sometimes with pregnancy. There is no specific pain med for CC. There are a couple of meds sometimes tried to soften early CC - Singulair and Accolate. They are of little or no value with an established CC. Asking a Family MD to diagnose CC is like asking your plastic surgeon to manage your hypertension or diabetes. We could probably do it but there are better ways. See your plastic surgeon for an exam and diagnosis. The cost of the visit should be very little, and often there is no charge for visits like that. But it will eventually require surgery if CC is the problem. Congratulations on the new baby.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I don't  think there are many family practice doctors who are very familiar with capsular contracture.  He/she may be able to guide you to find some adequate pain control that is compatible with nursing.  For treatment of the capsular contracture, you would need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon once you are done nursing.

One other thought - it could be the nursing that is causing some or most of your pain.  If that is the case, you may want to consider weaning sooner rather than later.  Breast feeding is great but it should not mean that you have to suffer with breast pain. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD