I am thinking about getting a Mommy Makeover, I'm looking for recommendations. Advice? (photos)

I have 5 kids. 2 were c sections. My youngest is 6. I want to get a mommy makeover but have a few questions. I was wondering about implant style and size for my body. I am 5'3" and I weigh 130. I am currently a 36 C bra size. I want to go way bigger. I am also wondering if I should get Lipo on my flanks. I would like recommendations on what I would need.

Mommy makeover candidate

Hi,

It appears you will be a good candidate for a full TT, breast lift and liposuction of flanks, arms and thighs. I would not recommend implants for you because you do have enough breast tissue that once lifted will appear much larger than what you have now. I've attached a short video of what a current method (breast lift) without the vertical incision or breast implants looks like. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I am thinking about getting a Mommy Makeover, I'm looking for recommendations. Advice?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... you are a great candidate for a Mommy Makeover.. I suggest you Mid/Low back liposuction + Flanks Liposuction... Breast Lift with implants a Tummy tuck. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

I am thinking about getting a Mommy Makeover

Hello Dear, thank you so much  for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for TT and Liposuction on your back, flanks and waist those procedures will give you a shapier and tiny figure. Also recommend a Breast lift with implants.

The most important is how to choose your surgeon, this have to be a Board Plastic surgeon and then make an evaluation in person, to see what are your goals y needs.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You seem to be a good candidate for a MMO combined in to phases, first tummy tuck and lipo second breast augmentation with implants if you like. I suggest you to contact a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best if luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck and breast lift +/- augmentation surgery. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to Discuss Options

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 

The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

MM; Is it for you?

Far more important than deciding if MM is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift with Augmentation

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist/flanks and breast lift with augmentation would address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #liposuction #breastlift #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Judging from your pictures you look like an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover.   Your breasts can be lifted to reposition them higher on your chest wall.   The size of your implant will need to be decided at your consultation.  Most surgeons will have you try on several different sizes in a bra so that you can get as estimate as to the size you consider ideal.  At that juncture, the surgeon will discuss how difficult it will be to achieve this size.  Extremely large implants do increase the risk of cosmetic deformities including visibility of the implant and increased firmness of the implant.  Liposuction of your flanks can also generally be done at the time of abdominalplasty.   Be certain to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a definitive operative plan. 

Carlin Vickery, MD

Mommy makeover question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Of course, this is best answered in person during an examination. Based on the photos and your desired goals, a full tummy tuck, with breast lift / implants and some lipo on the love handle area would be a great option for you. 

The mommy makeover is very popular and is generally performed under full anesthesia as an outpatient surgery. Your underlying health will determine if you are a safe candidate for this procedure. 

You should factor at least 2 weeks off of work to recover and about a month before you can resume any exercise. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any decision. 

As always, it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care md.  

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon