I have previous poor results. I Have Breathing Issues from a Septoplasty and Cosmetic Issues from a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I've had two rhinoplasty's/septoplasty's with very poor results. The Dr. removed an inordinate amount of cartilage from my nose causing a breathing problem, indentation in my nose and sagging Tip. Is there any way a silicon implant could be used instead of cartilage from my ribs. I had silicon injected in my nose to remove the indentation and improve the overall look with no side effects.

Answers (2)

Auricular cartilage Batten and butterfly grafts

Hi,

Looks like you have severe nasal valve collapse. Probably your best option is to harvest ear cartilage to open the nasal valve. I would use any artificial material in the tip.

Dr.S.

Silicone after Septorhinoplasty x2

Over the past 35 years I avoid using silicone implants in the nose because of the risks of infection, movement, or extrusion especially in a patient with compromised circulation secondary to previous surgery.

47 reviews

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.