Breast uplift and eye bag removal is it safe together?

I am booked into to have a breast uplift and eye bag removal at the same time under general annestesia, is this ok and also i want to reduce the risk of DVT i will be providing the compression stockings as the hospital does not provide them and will be having my op at 10am the clinic closes at 7am and i will be going to a hotel after near the clinic. . Are ted thigh high compression stockings ok (20), please give me more tips on how i can prevent it.

Combination surgeries are safe

As long as your surgeon can keep the time of surgery under 6 hours, most plastic surgeons would agree that combination surgeries are safe.

Combination Surgery is safe

The safety of this combination is not a concern with a healthy patient and with less than 5 hours of surgery at one time. I agree that not having TED provided is not typical. I also would make sure that they are using sequential compression devices on your legs during the surgery to reduce blood clot risk. Best of luck on a safe recovery.

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

Combination Surgeries and Safety

It is very strange that the hospital does not provide your compression stockings. Discuss this with Anesthesia personnel prior to surgery, as well as your surgeon. In general, combination surgeries are done all the time. The majority of patients do very well with this. Follow all post op instructions from your surgeon for a safe and complete recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD