How Can Breast Tissue Start Above One's Collar Bone? (photo)

I have natural, high-set, shallow breasts w/ tall "roots". My under bust measurement is 29", bust 35.5", and my cup volume is ~400ml (water replacement test). I wear 30DD/E. My question is: is there a way to alter the shape of the breast "root/base" and lower the breast "start point"? I don't want my boobs start right under my neck! Also, if the "base" was less tall, the breast would project a lot more. Can the tissue fall downwards (i.e start sagging) on its own over time? Could massage help?

Breast reshape

The base of the breast ( too high , too wide ...) can be reshaped, but usually the upper pole will  reduce its volume naturally over time , as the breast sag due to gravity and pregnancies . Liposuction of the area that you dont like could solve the problem now , but you may not like the results as years go by .

Best wishes

Breast too high

You can always lower the pole of the breast to  kep from being too high.Also post op wear a bra strap and the surgeon can also limit the amount of disection superiorly as well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Altering a Natural #Breast Shape

From your photo, your breasts are natural in their shape and almost any woman with breast tissue can create this appearance by pushing their arms together. There is little surgical intervention you need or that is appropriate. You will likely want this look back over time as gravity will continue to make your breasts sag over time.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast shape

Breast shape will vary among different people. If the shape is not to your satisfaction. sometimes liposuction can help if too large in certain areas, or if too small an augmentation.  Hard to say without an exam.

Altering breast tissue natural shape

When you push your breasts together you may have the appearance of tissue that goes above the clavicle.  This is tissue, skin, breast tissue, fat and muscle that is being displaced superiorly. There is no way surgical to alter this appearance.  

How Can Breast Tissue Start Above One's Collar Bone?

First off, it is not clear from your question, did you have a breast augmentation?  If so, how long ago and are implant above or below the muscle?  Implants don't change the distribution on your breast tissue.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Breast implants do not alter the native anatomic relationships of the breast.

Simplistically breast implants take your breasts and make them bigger. The position of the breast on the chest wall is not altered. The overall shape of the breast is also not altered in less the surgeon chooses some additional surgical maneuvers.