Breast Scar Revision- Help

I just had a (crease) scar revision on one of my breasts. Besides telling me to come back in 2 days for a follow up, I wasn't told anything else. I had to ask if I can shower before they told me I shouldn't for 24 hrs. I felt like they didn't really care about the whole post op care since it's just a small surgery, unlike when I had the breast aug. Are there other things I should be aware of? How long will the healing take before I can go back to my normal activities? Please let me know, thanks!

Scar Revision Surgery

Since you are obviously concerned with the scar and went to the trouble of having it revised I would absolutely contact the plastic surgeon immediately and ask what the proper wound protocol is.  It is essential for the best cosmetic results to take good care of this new wound.

Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase after breast scar revision

Our office specializes in breast surgery scars. After surgery, we begin an aggressive regimen that includes topical creams (Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase); pulsed dye laser; and IIT. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast crease scar revision

I think that you should go back to your operating surgeon and voice your concerns. Perhaps that you are describing a small misunderstanding. Most surgeons are very interested in the welfare of their patients. The specific answer to your question depends, in part, on the amount of tension that was created on the wound edges and the type of sutures that was used. A photograph would help. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon