Need a Breast Revision Surgery, Bigger Size?

I have sili 6 years now, was capsulated and it was removed the capsul tissue and same implant again, anyway i have been feeling for over 6 months bumps and holes in my breast when i touch them, , so its embarrased for me when someone thouches them. so I want them change and make them perfect, so i am thinking to go for a bigger maybe 450cc . BUt i am afraid if the new ones will be the same feeling bumps and holes. anyone can tell me what to do please, please advice, its horrible feeling them!

Doctor Answers 5

Breast Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I'm sorry for your difficulties following your breast implant surgery. It is difficult to say what the "bumps and holes" are that you are feeling. It is best to see your surgeon for a breast exam. It may be scar tissue, capsule, muscle, breast tissue or something else. Depending on the cause, a new, larger implant may make it better, worse or no different. Only a plastic surgeon who has examined you can help you choose what option is best. No one can guarantee perfection though. Good luck to you!

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Bumps and holes after augment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I am sorry to hear about your problems with capsular contracture and what sounds like rippling. A photograph would be beneficial. First, it is important to accept that the goal of plastic surgery is to improve, not to perfect, your appearance. Realistic expectations are important. An examination would be required to determine how prospective implant size and placement.

Palpable implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First off, a comprehensive examination is needed to figure out what is best. It is impossible to completely answer your question because there are some key pieces of information missing: are your implants above or below muscle, what size implant, how much breast tissue do you have over your implant, etc?  It is possible that going slightly larger may help your problem, and you should also have your implants converted to below the muscle if they are not currently. But, if you have thin skin and little native breast tissue, yo may need some additional "padding" to hid the implants. This can be accomplished with fat injections or acellular dermis such as Alloderm or Strattice. See a board certified plastic surgeon for help with this.

Breast revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds like you need to have a thorough exam to evaluate these bumps etc.  If you have rippling you  may need strattice to camouflage the rippling.  An exam is key.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Breast Revision Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Best advice: See a plastic surgeon in consultation. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Despite your description, I cannot tell what you are feeling. If your implants are saline, you may be feeling ripples in the edge of the implant, and switching to silicone may help. If the implant is above the muscle, putting it below may help.  If what you are feeling are not ripples, only an in person exam can determine the best recommendation.


Thanks and best wishes.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.