Breast Reduction and Possible Reoccurring Hematoma?

I had a breast reduction 2 weeks ago. One week ago I had a hematoma removed. Three days later had a follow up with PS and I was fine. I am now sore again and firm again and there is visible bruising that was not there after surgery. Could I have another hematoma or something else.

Hematoma after breast reduction

Hi - sorry to hear you are having these problems. It does sound like there is a possibility you may have another hematoma or fluid collection. I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon as soon as possible, as sometimes a fluid or blood collection can put pressure on the breast tissue and possibly compromise blood flow to the nipple. Sometimes as well swelling can persist after you have a hematoma evacuated, but if you were evaluated shortly after your last surgery and your current appearance is a change, I would return to your doctor as soon as possible. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent hematoma

It is possible that a new hematoma or other fluid collection has formed and you should see your plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS

Bruising after breast hematoma

Bruising may show up a few days after a hematoma but it is also possible that a new hematoma has formed. You should tell your surgeon about this.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS