it's been a week now that i feel localized pain on my left breast(the pain is like a bruise). i feel the pain on the sides of my left nipple toward my left arm. i also feel the pain on the incision site after i wear my none wire bra(like there's a feeling of heaviness),everytime i bend over(this time on the side of the left nipple again but extending medially)& when sleeping on my left side. is this something serious or it's just a sign of drop and fluff? thank you for the replies docs.
3 Months Post Breast Augmentation: Experiencing Pain
Doctor Answers 11
Pains in the breast 3 months following a breast enlargement
There can be numerous reasons that you are experiencing the discomfort that you describe 3 months following a breast enlargement. Some possibilities include breast cysts, localized inflammation, capsular contracture, scarring or even muscle related issues. You should contact your plastic surgeon who can then provide you with a precise answer.
Pain Post Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
3 months post op pain
You might also like...
Best to ask your plastic surgeon
It might be some resolving nerve pain, but best to ask your own physician. In general, they are the best ones to ask first.
Breast pain after breast augmentation
It's not unusual to experience pain three months after your breast augmentation procedure since the nerves are still under stretch to a certain degree. If this is a new sensation or pain I recommend seeing your plastic surgeon for a complete examination.
Postoperative breast pain
It is not unusual to have sharp pains intermittently for some time (3-6 months) following breast augmentation. These pains usually resolve in frequency, duration and intensity with time. If they are getting worse, then you should consult with your surgeon.
Pain after breast augmentation
Any time an unexplained pain occurs after surgery, it's a good idea to contact your surgeon to make sure everything is OK. It is common for patients to experience different sensations of pulling or pinching as things settle after surgery.
Scar maturation with more time will likely improve your symptoms.
Talk to your surgeon
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.