I Am Happy With My Breast Size But Think They Need A Lift. To Keep The Size Do You Recommendation a Lift As Well? (photo)

I am happy with my natural 36D breast size, but I feel as though they could use a pick me up as I have been a 36D-36DD since I was 12 years old. I am now 24. Is a breast lift an option or will I need to have a small implant to keep my current size?

Lifting the breasts increases projection

There is a new procedure called The Ultimate Breast Lift which results in lifting and reshaping the breasts.  Elevating the breasts higher on the chest wall gives the appearance of increased size without added volume.  This technique is done without vertical scars and the breasts are supported by the underlying muscle which provides long term stability.  From your photographs, you will definitely need a breast lift and your size can be maintained or made smaller if you desire.  However, elevating the breasts on the chest wall increases projection and they will appear bigger.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift with or without implants

I do not believe that you need implants.  The sagging of your breasts is due, in part, to their large size.  You need a lift with reduction in the size of the areolae. Keep in mind that, if you gain weight over time, as many women do, the breasts may increase in size.  It is true that you do have more lower pole volume but photos may be deceiving and a surgical plan can only be made after an in-person consultation with a knowledgeable, board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Lift with Auto-augmentation technique

If you are happy with your current volume, but simply want the volume back where it used to be, you may be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with auto-augmentation.
This is my primary method of breast lift in patients who do not require a breast implant.  This will provide natural results with suture resuspension of the breast tissue to the upper pole producing fullness/cleavage without tension on your skin.   This will minimize stretching of the skin longterm.  
Also, by a avoiding the long horizontal scar, you will be able to show cleavage without visible scars and where swimsuits and bras that easily camouflage all your scars. 

This allows for a long lasting result because the breast tissue itself has been lifted, not just the surrounding skin.
I wish you a safe recovery and fabulous result!
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Happy with breast size, but need a lift. Implant needed?

If you are happy with the breast size, then a lift may be all that you need.  If you desire more upper pole fullness, then a small implant may be an option.  Best to discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you will come up with the plan best for you.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Preserves Breast Size

If you are happy with your size but unhappy with the position of the breasts, the droop of the nipple and the loss of upper breast fullness, then all you need is a lift. There are several methods to accomplish this, but those that anchor the breast high on the chest are usually more successful at long term maintenance of the proper shape. The lift does not change the size of the breast. It does make them look fuller and sometimes larger, if anything.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Most likely only a breast lift would be needed to give you the desired breast result

If you are happy with the size of your breasts then you do not need a breast augmentation along with a breast lift.  Without a physical examination it is difficult to tell what type of breast lift would be appropriate for you.  A breast lift whether or not it is a vertical type or lollipop type or a key hole or anchor type will allow you to keep all of your breast tissue and just reshape the contour and appearance of your breasts.  

Lift with Implant or Lift only?

Depends on you, if you are happy with your breast size but want them lifted, lift only, if you want better upper pole fullness some increase in size and a lift, do a small implant with a lift. Good luck.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift question

From the pictures it appears you would only need a lift. The size of your areola can be made smaller at the time of the lift which will also make your breasts more youthful. Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

I Am Happy With My Breast Size But Think They Need A Lift. To Keep The Size Do You Recommendation a Lift As Well?

Your posted photos allow my choice to be a full lifting. Small implants is your decision but I believe you do not need them. 

Lift or Lift with Implant?

I agree with you that you have plenty of natural breast volume and could do well with just a lift. From your photos it appears that a significant amount of fairly heavy tissue is below the fold indicating some possible loss of skin strength and elasticity. There are occasions when it is better for long term results to consider a reduction of this lower breast tissue and make up the volume with an implant. You can only know this with an exam so see a very experienced surgeon for the answer.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD