Breast lift, is it worth it? Am I too young? What kinds of lifts are there? (Photo)

I am 21 years old and wondering if a breast lift is the way to go. I don't have "saggy" breasts by any means but I would love to perk them up a bit. I am very happy with my size and really just want a little fullness at the top, would a breast lift do that? And any good doctors in the Alberta/BC area?

Breast lift

Restoring shape and volume is what breast enhancement procedures are all about.  When there is loose skin, this must be addressed.  There are many options available with different lift procedures and a multitude of breast implant options.  Here is a basic list of the four options available:

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)
  2. Breast lift combined with a small breast implant (below the muscle)
  3. Breast lift followed by a large breast implant (2 separate procedures)
  4. Breast implant alone (on top of the muscle, silicone)

Every woman is built differently and every breast is different, even on the same person.  So, each procedure is customized for every individual.  The final decision on how to proceed can be made after a history and physical examination, detailed measurements, photographs, computer simulation, trying on sizers, reviewing before and after photographs of other women similar in shape and size and talking with your surgeon.  A surgical plan will be developed that depends on:

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs breast enhancement procedures frequently.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and a very high patient satisfaction rating.

Good Luck!

Breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

1. Breast lift alone (mastopexy)

• Patient desires
  • The breast "footprint"
  • The expertise of the surgeon
  • Cost
  • Down time
  • Scars
  • Risks and potential complications

Good Luck!

Breast lift surgery

It is challenging to give you an accurate answer without seeing you in person. 21 is a young age to require a mastopexy (breast lift) although not entirely uncommon. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon to discuss which procedure would best achieve your aesthetic goals.

Breast lift surgery

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift, is it worth it? Am I too young? What kinds of lifts are there?

You are young for a breast lift, and I would recommend sending pictures or being seen for consultation.  Your current anatomy will determine what is most appropriate and the type of lift that may be appropriate.

Different Breast Lift Options

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Different Breast Lift Options

Find the right surgeon to help you decide

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Breast Enhancement

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry. It is true, without an image, it is hard to give you a proper advice. Just considering your description, you might not need a lift nor an implant, it might be sufficient with fat grafting, but it is hard to say if you have enough fat to transfer from your own donor sites. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Breast Enhancement

Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Fat grafting for upper pole fullness

There is no way to answer this question precisely without photos, but it sounds like you might be a better candidate for fat grafting to the cleavage area or a small implant designed to enhance your shape rather than give you additional volume. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Fat grafting for upper pole fullness

Meghan Nadeau, MD

From your description it definitely sounds to me that a breast lift would not be appropriate.  I would consider enhancing your fullness with either fat grafts (subtle effect) or by placement of relatively small breast implants.  Neither would require the incision lines of a breast lift for you.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified p surgeon for a face to face evaluation.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

There is no way to give you a good answer without photos, but it sounds like you would do better considering fat transfer than a breast lift.