Breast lift, is it worth it? Am I too young? What kinds of lifts are there? (Photo)

I am 21 years old and wondering if a breast lift is the way to go. I don't have "saggy" breasts by any means but I would love to perk them up a bit. I am very happy with my size and really just want a little fullness at the top, would a breast lift do that? And any good doctors in the Alberta/BC area?

Breast lift, is it worth it? Am I too young? What kinds of lifts are there?

You are young for a breast lift, and I would recommend sending pictures or being seen for consultation.  Your current anatomy will determine what is most appropriate and the type of lift that may be appropriate.

Different Breast Lift Options

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Find the right surgeon to help you decide

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Breast Enhancement

Hello, thanks so much for your inquiry. It is true, without an image, it is hard to give you a proper advice. Just considering your description, you might not need a lift nor an implant, it might be sufficient with fat grafting, but it is hard to say if you have enough fat to transfer from your own donor sites. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting for upper pole fullness

There is no way to answer this question precisely without photos, but it sounds like you might be a better candidate for fat grafting to the cleavage area or a small implant designed to enhance your shape rather than give you additional volume. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

From your description it definitely sounds to me that a breast lift would not be appropriate.  I would consider enhancing your fullness with either fat grafts (subtle effect) or by placement of relatively small breast implants.  Neither would require the incision lines of a breast lift for you.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified p surgeon for a face to face evaluation.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

There is no way to give you a good answer without photos, but it sounds like you would do better considering fat transfer than a breast lift. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your question. Without an in-person exam or at least pictures, it can be hard to advise you on what may help. If you are just looking to improve the position of the breast and decrease some drooping without changing your size, then a lift may be a good option for you. There are several board certified plastic surgeons in your area (see link I have provided). I would contact several of them and set up some consultations. After they examine you and discuss your goals, they can have a discussion with you about options that may be available. 

Hope this helps!

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give recommendations without pictures or an in person consultation. Generally speaking if there is a minimal amount of sagging, high profile implants can provide a big of a lift. If there is much sagging at all though, a lift is necessary. You need to make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift options

Hello and thanks for your question.

I don't see a photo attached to your question, so my answer will be very general.

Breast lifts without implants can reshape and lift the breast, but it's very hard to truly add upper pole fullness with a lift alone. By adding an implant, most women will get some additional fullness in the upper part of the breast. See the link below for a description of different types of breast lifts.

Your best bet will be to schedule a consult with an experienced plastic surgeon so s/he can examine you and help you understand what it might take to attain your goals.

Best wishes-