After a Breast lift does your breasts look full or does some people require a small Breast implant to make it look full?
Does Breast Lift Require Breast Implants?
Doctor Answers 13
Breast Lift and Breast Implants
Does Breast Lift Require Breast Implants?
A Breast Lift Can Reclaim Fullness, But It Depends On How You Define Fullness
However, because some breast tissue is removed during a breast lift, you may experience a reduction in cup size. As a result, implants can be placed to compensate. If you'd like more fullness in the upper portion of your breasts, then you may also require implants.
Hope this helps!
You might also like...
Breast lift with augmentation
To answer your question, a breast lift surgery alone would not improve or provide volume and fullness. Depending on the severity and complexity of the case, breast lift (mastopexy) surgery may be all you need to fulfill and achieve the look you want. However, if you want to achieve some fullness and volume, an implant may be used to provide a perkier look. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest possible options for you. There are 3 different stages of incisions used for a breast lift procedure providing different degrees of lifts. A limited (benelli) lift is achieved using a "donut" incision made around the areola only. This allows the surgeon to also reduce the size of the areola, if desired. A "lollipop" incison allows more tissue to be removed and an incision around the areola and a vertical scar. An "anchor" lift is used for more sever cases and involves the same incisions as the "lollipop" incision, but includes a horizontal incision underneath the inframmamary fold. Take care and good luck to you!
Use of implant with breast lift: check out this helpful algorithm...
When it comes to mastopexy (breast lift), here is a useful algorithm:
1) Breast volume and fullness are adequate when you wear your bra, but your breasts sag significantly when you take your bra off: MASTOPEXY ALONE IS THE CORRECT OPERATION.
2) Breast volume and fullness are inadequate, whether or not you wear your bra, but your breasts do not sag when you take off your bra: BREAST AUGMENTATION ALONE IS THE CORRECT OPERATION.
3) Breast volume and fullness are inadequate, and your breasts sag when your bra comes off: BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH A MASTOPEXY IS THE CORRECT OPERATION.
4) Breast volume is excessive causing back pain, bra strap grooving, rashes in the breast folds: BREAST REDUCTION IS THE CORRECT OPERATION.
Breast lift with or without implants
Patients today have been a different options in breast lift surgery. A breast lift can raise the position of a breast and remove excess skin to make the breast look a little smaller. A breast implant does exactly the opposite. The weight of an implant will lower the position of a breast and implant will stretch out the overlying skin. In many patients, the results that they are looking for are achieved by combining these two procedures. However, the combination of these procedures can be tricky. It is important to visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast lift and breast augmentation. They will be able to show you what can be accomplished with each procedure on its own or with both surgeries together.
Breast lift doesn't require implants
Some patients that want more volume undergo a lift and an augmentation. If you have a reasonable amount of breast tissue, all you may need is a lift.
Breast lift and masopexy
The appearance of the breast after a breast lift and need for an implant truly depends on the amount of breast tissue on the upper half of the nipple and areoale to begin with.
Breast Lift WITH or WITHOUT Implants
If you like how your breasts fill a bra, ALL you need is a Breast Lift (Mastopexy). If you wish they could be larger - an implant would need to be added (Augmentation Mastopexy).
Breast Lifts can be done EITHER by only shaping the breast skin envelope OR by shaping the breast tissue itself and less so the breast skin envelope. The latter procedures result is a better, longer lasting perky result.
To read all you need to know on this topic, read the link below-
Dr. P. Aldea
No need for implants in breast lift.
1) If you like the size of your breasts, a good breast lift will give you full perky breasts without the need for breast implants. Breast lift does not make your breasts smaller.
2) It's all about how the lift is done. A breast lift should be done INTERNALLY (Lejour or Hall-Findlay techniques). The breasts are shaped and lifted from the inside with internal sutures, without relying on pulling the skin. If the lift is done by tightening the "skin bra", skin stretches, and you don't get great long term shape.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.