Do I really need a breast lift? (photo)

I am 21 years old no kids and I am planning on getting breast augmentation. I am currently a 34-36B I think I want to be a small 34D 32-34DD whatever looks better . I don't know if my breast also look that way because of the bra fat that I have . I want to avoid the lift I don't like those scars at all. Maybe a periareolar lift I'm able to work with that what do you guys think ?

Scars and Breast lift

Not a week goes by that I don't see a young woman in my clinic that wants perkier breasts that has droopy breasts like you. The first question to really ask your self is this, "Do I really want larger breasts?" If the answer to that simple straight forward question is yes then you want either implants or fat grafting to your breasts to make them bigger. The second issue to resolve in cases such as yours is whether you are willing to trade scars for results? I do many periareolar lifts in 20 something women that really ought to have a vertical or traditional mastopexy. The reason is simple, a 21 year old woman often just don't want the vertical scar. It is a compromise operation in those cases where the patient is really a much better candidate for a more substantial lift - vertical or traditional. Many times we do compromise and put in an implant and do the periareolar. In your case you would definitely have a smaller areola and get a modest lift. I have numerous examples on my web site of this operation. Mastopexy #4 and #10 for example.  The bigger the implant the better the result in cases like yours. Again, it's not by any means my best recommendation. And you could change it to a vertical lift later. 

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

Since you are only 21 years old and your breasts are already drooping, I recommend a lift. There is a new technique that lifts the breast without the ugly vertical scars that women find unacceptable. This technique uses a circumareola incision to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breasts that sag need lifting. Lifts don't have a lasting effect is breasts that are heavy.

Further enlarging a heavy breast makes breast sag even more.  This approach does not make sense.  Proper lifting always needs anchor scars, otherwise result is not pretty. 

This is what would I do in your case:

I will lift, tighten, reshape your existing breast.  It may even need some removal of redundant breast tissue (that overflows skin bra of your breast).  This will give you compact ,shaped, tight breasts with a Full C to small D cup.  It will not have an implant.  It will however have anchor scars. Such scars in lower part of breast and in its shadow.  They fade but don't go away. But breast will look pretty and that should be your goal. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Need for breast lift?

Thanks for your question and pictures. Based on the pictures, I would suggest a breast lift at the time of an augmentation. I do not think you will be happy with just a breast augmentation as your breasts may sag further. Also, a breast lift will allow for some reshaping of your breast whereas an augmentation will only increase the size.

Naveen Setty, MD

Implants and a lift

It does look like from your photos that a lift might be beneficial along with placing implants. It would be best to be seen in person to be sure.

Breastlift

I do believe a breast lift will definitely help your breast look and feel more natural. Maybe with the placement of an implant and your breast tissue wyou can achieve a very sexy cleavege as well.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift will be helpful

Thanks for your pics and ? It appears that your nipple position is below the level of your crease and therefore a lift would be needed to avoid the breast hanging off the implant. I can appreciate the reluctance to have additional scarring, but hopefully everything will heal well and you will be pleased with the outcome. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Lift

Thank you for the photos and unfortunately you would benefit from a lift to obtain the result that you are seeking. Implants alone will make your breasts bigger but not perkier. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Nobody needs a breast lift

Nobody "needs" a breast lift.  That being said if you want to improve the appearance of your breasts with the photo you submitted it is very unlikely that you could obtain a good result with implants alone.  Thus, if the idea of a lift is something that you do not want to do because of risks, potential scars, or other issues leave your breasts alone.  Without an exam it is impossible to say yet a periareolar lift is likely not enough of a lift to give you a good result.

Breast lifts

Your nipples are below the level of your breast crease so a lift will be needed. Periareolar lifts don't do much "lifting" and would not be of much use to you. With as much tissue as you have adding an implant will give you a long looking breast as your tissue will hang off the implant. If you don't like the lift scars,avoid having surgery! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon