My DR Estimated I'd Be a Full B or a Small C and I Am a FULL DD? (photo)

I Had a Breast Lift One Month Ago and Am Struggling to Not Cry. He said he thought I'd prefer that but I never indicated concern over my size being small and in fact said "that's just fine" to the full B small C. That is the more minor of the problems. My nipples are TINY. I can't look at my breasts right now without crying. While I know my breasts could be revised and made smaller am I wrong that there is little I can do about making my areola twice it's current size? I realize they may stretch a bit with time but will they ever be a size that looks OK?

Breast lift and areola size

Thanks for this question.I am sorry that you are having a difficult time. It's really too early to know what size your areloae will end up. You should really wait six months as they often stretch quite a bit.If you still find that your breast size is too large you can make them smaller in the future. This may also help in matching the areloae size to the overall breast size.

Breast lift / mastopexy concerns

With only one set of photos, it is hard to judge your result and the change that you've experienced. Was there only a lift? Or was this a breast reduction to make you smaller? Or were implants placed as well? There is not enough information to accurately process your question.

Also, seeing that your steri strips are still on, it is too early to determine your final results. The tissues will relax and often the areola size may stretch slightly. If you are unhappy, voice your concerns to your surgeon. And remember that there is always swelling after surgery that may take weeks to resolve. Good luck...

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

My DR Estimated I'd Be a Full B or a Small C and I Am a FULL DD? (photo) Asked by learningeveryday

Need to post a before photo so we can compare. But you had only a LIFT? not a lift/reduction?? Seems there are many issues going on here as to exactly what was done. Best to obtain IN PERSON second opinions.

Breasts too large and nipples too small

You do not mention how early you are post op but with your steri strips on, let's assume that you are a month or less post op. Obviously, you had a lift of some sort. The correct answer here is that you are much too early in the post op period to judge your result. Perhaps with the decrease in post op swelling, you might be happier. The nipple complex will stretch as time goes on but this is unpredictable.

The main thing is to discuss this with your ps and get the options on the table. If you were my patient and unhappy as you are, our discussions would begin quickly and then you can know that we have options. Your nipples have been elevated successfully and that is a definite plus. Now, it is just a matter of timing to see if anything is needed. Be patient but stay close to your ps.

My DR Estimated I'd Be a Full B or a Small C and I Am a FULL DD?

I'm sorry that you are not happy with your result. Without knowing how things looked before surgery, it is hard to judge the result.

It looks like you are still early in the recovery period. If you are still unhappy after a few months, I think a revision may be possible.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS