What Are The Different Techniques For a Breast Lift with Implants? What's Right For Me? (photo)

I am considering of having a Breast Lift with Implants, however I want to be very well informed before I make a decision with my surgeon. I am doing some research about the breast lift techniques along with the type of implants used. I would like to have different opinions in order to get an idea about the best procedure for me. Thanks!

What Are The Different Techniques For a Breast Lift with Implants?

This is a great question as there are a variety of lift options for patients. A breast lift with implants is a unique procedure in that it is decreasing the skin envelope while enhancing the overall size of the breast. The combination of tightening the skin and lifting the breast while augmenting them can be a very powerful surgery in improving the overall appearance of your breast. There is several ways to do this depending on your individual situation.

The first is a peri-areolar augmentation mastopexy. This involves a minimal lift of the nipple areolar complex and placement of a breast implant. This limits the incision to only around the areola. It is well hidden in this natural transition. This is a great option for patients that have very little extra skin, but the nipples are just slightly down. The peri-areolar lift will reposition the nipple at the center of the implant. The implant will give the breast the volume and shape that a patient needs to achieve an aesthetically please result.

The second technique is a vertical lift with augmentation. This is used for patients that have excess skin and inferior displacement of the nipples. This will allow your surgeon to lift your breasts, remove the excess skin from the breasts and enhance them with an implant. This is used for patients with mild ptosis of their breasts.

Lastly is a full lift with augmentation. This is where a complete mastopexy is performed with the augmentation. The procedure allows your surgeon to remove the most skin possible and make you as tight and high that he can do safely. He will then use the breast implant to restore the upper pole fullness that has been lost over time. The results after a full mastopexy with implant can be dramatic as the excess skin is removed and the breast can bet tightened around the new breast implant.

Which lift and implant is best for you needs to be a decision between you and your board certified plastic surgeon. This will be decided based on your physical exam and the aesthetic goals for your breast.

Lift type

First, you are going to require some form of lift to elevate the nipple and tighten the breast envelope.  The degree of lifting and the associated scars will be somewhat determined by the size of the implant you choose--the larger the implant, the less skin will need to be excised and the fewer/shorter scars will be required.  That said, I think you will likely require some form of circumareolar skin excision, and possibly a vertical scar as well, to give you the desired result.  I doubt you will need an anchor type skin excision for your mastopexy if you are using an implant.  This is a complex situation and requires an in person consultation for a good opinion.  If you are wanting more information get in to see an experienced plastic surgeon for a consult.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Breast lift type

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Benelli breast lift (circular scar around nipples) works very well with implants.

Hi.

1)  You look like a great candidate for this approach.

2)  The base of your breasts looks a little constricted.  So the vertical (lollipop) lift is not a good idea because it narrows the base further.

3)  In my opinion, the inverted T operation is almost never indicated for a routine lift.  (It is indicated for really big breast reductions.)

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lift augmentation

From these pictures I can tell that you have what we call a grade 3/4 ptosis (sagging), more pronounced on the right then the left. At this stage an areolar lift is usually not enough and you will probably need a more involved lift with either vertical or inverted T incisions, along with the implants. The size and profile of the implants are best determined during your examination and after measurments are taken.

Breast lift techniques

Based solely on yoru photos, you may be a good candidate for a circumareola lift( incision jsut around the areola) and implants, or possibly a lollipop lift and an implant..

Breast lift Techniques?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery.

All breast lifting surgery techniques involve removal of skin to tighten up the breasts skin “envelope”. In your case, you will probably be best served with a vertical mastopexy procedure;  this involves incisions around the areola and vertically down the breast.  I think this will give you the best results as opposed to a circumareolar/donut mastopexy.

Breast augmentation will help to increase the size/fullness of the breasts. This can be done with saline or silicone breast implants (individualized after direct patient examination).

Breast lift and implant options

An exam is vital especially to determine exactly where your inframammary crease is and how long is the distance from the crease to the lower areolar border.  These factors determine your options to a great degree.  Basically you need an implant for volume and fullness and you need to determine with the doctor which "profile" will work best for you based on the "look" you want.  Next you need a lift and in my opinion not just one with a periareolar scar.  You need at least one with a vertical scar too.  Depending on the presence of excess skin some element in the crease as well may be beneficial.