Should I Get Breast Lift or Implants?

My bra size is a 38d, I had 3 kids. I would like to know which procedure is best for me a breast lift or breast implants. I don't want bigger breast I just want them to look perky and lift

Deciding on an implant vs lift vs mastoaugmentation is an individualized decision

This is a question that can only be answered after an in person exam by a plastic surgeon.  There are many different techniques with varying shapes and aesthetics.  I exclusively use the Cold-Subfascial Breast AugmentationTM in my practice to deliver results that appear like beautiful natural breasts instead of the common overprojecting widely spaced "augmented look." Compare before and afters and visit asurgeon whose aestheticsseem to suit you.  Ihope this helps.

All the best!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Breast lift without implants

If you are deciding between a breast lift and having breast augmentation with implants, the main factor to consider is breast volume.  It may sound simple, but there is no way to add implants to your breasts without making them bigger.  Therefore, if you are happy with your current volume, but are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts out of clothing, then you will likely achieve your goals with a breast lift alone.

Marcus Crawford, MD

You answered your own questions... you want perky!

And if you are like anyone else who has had three children, its likely a lift would provide the desired result in addition to an implant if you wish to be larger.

Curtis Wong, MD

Should I Get Breast Lift or Implants?

Thanks for your question. It would have been good some photos of your breasts for better evaluation . But the history of several pregnancies, the size of your breasts and your interest for a lift I think the best is to do a breast lift. With your own breasts without implants can achieve the breasts you want.

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

Breast Lift versus Implants

Since she do not want your breast larger, but just want them looking perky and lifted, what you need is a breast lift with no breast implants.  Implants increased the size of the breasts and do not, except in rare occasions, provide any lift.  A breast lift, on the other hand, does exactly what it says it will do, it lifts the breasts and makes him perky.  It also does this without reducing the breast size.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or implants.

Thank you for the question.  It will be difficult to answer your question without seeing a picture of  you.  It is certainly possible to get a nice shape that is more youthful without using implants, but implants will give more roundness to the breast shape.  On the other hand, always remamber that implants added to your current breast size may increase your bra size unless you are planning to reduce the current breast size brfore the implants are inserted.  Best to see a local Plastic Surgeon for some help in determining what is best for you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic SurgeoP

Should I Get Breast Lift or Implants?

Thanks for the question, but without a photo of what the breasts look like now it would be impossible to answer. Please feel free to resubmit the question with pictures. The pictures need to be taken by someone else so your arms are hanging free at your sides and only from the shoulders to the waist, front and both sides.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift or Implants?

Hi

If you already are a 38D, your breasts are probably big enough to give you a great result with just a breast lift (mastopexy), without needing implants. Given your bra size, you probably have a wide breast, so if an implant was used it would need to wide, and therefore moderately large, and this would definitely make your breasts significantly bigger. So if you don't want this, don't use implants. Modern techniques for breast lifts can give excellent results, without needing implants. Good luck, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Should I Get Breast Lift or Implants?

Thank you for the question.You will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Going off of your description only, “wanting lifted/perky” breasts, it sounds like you would benefit from breast lifting surgery. This is especially true given that you state that you do not want larger breasts.

You may benefit from posting pictures I ( frontal and side views,  with your arms by your sides) for more specific advice here.

Breast lift will make you perky, breast augmentation will make your breasts full

Thank you for your question. A breast lift will lift the nipple and areola and make the breast more perky. If your breasts have sagged and the nipple is below the crease underneath your breast then you will likely need a breast lift.

However breast lift alone especially after having children usually will not restore the volume and fullness of your breast especially above the nipple. To achieve fullness a breast augmentation is typically done.