Breast Lift with Augmentation or just Augmentation? (photos)

Judging as best as you can by these photos, would I need a lift? If so, would I be able to do a lift with scarring only around the areola? I would like to fill the upper pole but I also don't wan't my nipples pointing downward. I am a deflated C and would not mind going to a bigger size D.

Breast Lift with Augmentation or just Augmentation?

If your nipples are above your fold, you may be just fine with an augmentation alone.  If they are below then you will benefit from a lift with augmentation.  You can always see how you like your results with augmentation alone and if you are not satisfied with the results, you can always do you lift later.  There will be additional costs associated with it, so just something to consider.  Talk with your surgeon about your expectations and the realistic expectations and go from there.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs just aug

Looking at your photos I would think a simple augmentation would be enough.As long as your nipple is above your inframammary fold you should do well.Why create extra and significant scars if you don't have to.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Since you are already a C you will only require a small implant of 100 to 200 cc’s to achieve a D.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

When to have breast lift or mastopexy with augmentation

Based on your pictures, the shape of your breast is going to be the volume of implant and the skin envelope. I would recommend a submuscular breast augmentation and this would require tightening the loose skin or mastopexy around the implant.

If you wish to perform only an augmentation, then I would place the implant above the muscle to fill out the skin envelope. A second stage breast lift can safely be performed in the future if you are dissatisfied with persistent drooping of the breast tissue.

The best advice is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Where do you want your nipples?

If you want them perky, then a lift will help.  If you don't mind a little droop, it would be suggested that you simply have your augmentation first and see if its 'good enough' and this way, you avoid the extra costs and scarring of a lift.  In the latter situation, a periareolar approach would be recommended due to the possibility that a lift will still be done in the future.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that you make a great candidate for breast lift with implants. Perhaps a 350- 375 cc's moderated profile would be best for you.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation can be performed at the same time as a lift.

My best estimate based on your photographs is that you would likely need a lift at the same time in order to optimize your breast shape.  You may be able to have just the circular incision around the areola, but the only way to tell for sure is with an exam and measurements.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

I think you would benefit from a lift with an implant to get your ideal breast shape. Unfortunately the scars that go along with the lift are essential to get that great shape

Breast lift and augmentation

From the photos you have provided a breast lift and augmentation would be best in your situation. Which type of lift would be be determined after an exam but it appears that either a circumvertical or anchor type lift are the choices. Implants also add weight to your breasts which may make them sag even more. Therefore, a lift is necessary in this case. Discuss this question thouroughly with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Do I need a breast Lift with my Augmentation?

To get you nipples where they should be you would need a breast lift with your breast augmentation. The breast lift will put your nipples back in the right position and the breast implants will give you the volume you need to get you to your desired size.