Breast Lift After 330 Cc Silicone Implants and Bellini Revision?

I underwent breast augmentation dual plane in feb. 2012, since the result was not symmetrical I had a bellini lift on both sides but with a lot of correction on the left. so now my left areola is slightly projecting and the appearance seems slightly saggy to me, not from the side, but from the front. would a actual breast lift make a better more perky outcome and if yes, which?

Bellini or doughnut mastopexy is seldom indicated.

To properly restore shape your breast a more conventional mastopexy is indicated. This will decrease the diameter of the areola which is too great. It will also shorten the distance between the areola in the crease which is too long.

Anchor Mastopexy For Residual Breast Sag

A variety of treatment options are currently available for the treatment of breast hypoplasia associated with breast sag. The final result in many cases is dependent upon selecting the best treatment option.

Your history suggests that every effort has been made to minimize scarring while treating your breast hypoplasia and breast sag. Initially a dual plane breast augmentation was performed with resultant residual breast sag. This was followed by a Benelli lift with continued post-operative sag and residual asymmetry.

Although both the dual plane breast augmentation and Benellli breast lift are excellent surgical procedures, they have limitations. These procedures aren't usually recommended in patients with significant breast sag.

Although it's impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination, your pictures suggest that you would benefit from either a lollipop or anchor type of mastopexy. These procedures would address excess skin in multiple dimensions, lift the nipple areola into normal position, reduce the nipple areola size, correct asymmetry, shorten the distance between the areola and infra-mammary fold, improve shape & contour and improve breast projection.

If you're considering revisional surgery, it's important to consult your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals. It's important that revisional surgery be delayed for at least 6 months to allow adequate wound healing and resolution of swelling.

Donut lift revision

I agree with the other posts that a Benelli or donut lift is not the best choice of lift in most cases. While we do not have your pre op pictures it looks like you would have been better served by a lollipop or circumvertical lift. The problem now is you have wide areola and breast tissue hanging off your implants more on the left then right. The options are to leave it alone or do more surgery. In some cases with significant deformity the best option is to take the implants out, do a lift and then place new implants back in. This staged approach takes time and costs more. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift After 330 Cc Silicone Implants and Benelli Revision?

A circumvertical lift would produce a nice improvement. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I rarely do the Benelli breast lift for the reasons you demonstrate: it often leads to large, distorted areolas and it is a very poor lifter of the breast. No matter how droopy is the breast I never do a Wise-pattern or anchor lift. The vertical or lollipop mastopexy provides powerful lift, rarely distorts the areola and cones the breast. I recommend you see your surgeon if appropriate, or seek another opinion from an expert aesthetic breast surgeon. Good luck!

Lift and augmentation

It is difficult to say from thw view you posted to show. If your breasts are still low, a more formal lift may be required like a vertical or Wise pattern.

Breast Lift with Implants

Was the picture you posted before or after your surgeries? If you describe still unsatisfactory results after the augmentation and the Benelli  lift it is very possible you would need a full lift such as a wise mastopexy pattern. Before and after photos would be helpful.

Good luck