Do my Breast Implants Need Replacing?

I have had my implants for 5 years now. Recently, the right one started really itching and I thought nothing of it, but it has now started to hurt. It hurts mostly in the area from under my nipple to my chest and is getting progressively worse. What could this be? I am concerned that I might have a leak or something. Any advice? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 3

Clinical exam and follow up is needed

A clinical exam by your plastic surgeon could reveal the problem. He might need to order an imaging study to confirm his diagnosis. In any case, I would schedule a follow up appointment. Hope that helps.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

See your plastic surgeon

It is hard to tell what is causing your symptoms. It will be best to see your plastic surgeon who can examine you to look for evidence of deflation.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

Breast Implant Replacement

If you are having new symptoms you should see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. If you have silicone implants a rupture is possible and best evaluated by MRI. The study also provides detailed information about the breast tissue making sure breast disease is not causing your symptoms.

Michael Baroody, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.