Can you get breast implants at almost 16? ill go anywhere to get this done?

Ill be 16 in 3 months I have been to 2 plastic surgeons and found out I have a breast deformity. I have been recently raped, pregnant & miscarried, it messed my boobs up even more. I have very bad depression & been wearing fake boobs over top of mine for 4 years its very painful. I have always wanted to have big boobs I have been obsessed nothing can make me change my mind. my parents are also okay with this they just want me to get back in school and be myself again, please help me.

Age For Cosmetic Surgery?

Thank you for your question!  You have to be at least 18 years old to have cosmetic surgery.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants at 16 years old

Hello!!! In my professional opinion it is better for you to wait until your 18 years old to consider breast augmentation. I understand that you have been through alot and really want this surgery but I think you should get therapy first to deal with your depression and what happened to you. When considering plastic surgery, you need to not only be physically healthy but emotionally stable first. It can take time for you to deal with the trama you experienced. Then when you turn 18 years old you can consider breast augmentation. Also it is very important to understand the risks and complications that can occur with this procedure. I wish you the best!!!

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wait until 18 years old before considering breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. At 16 you have not achieved your final breast growth and body development. In addition surgery on a minor requires parental consent. Most reputable plastic surgeons would not performed breast augmentation on a 16-year-old.

Breast augmentation

most plastic surgeons will require you to wait until you are a legal adult, that is, at least 18 years of age. If you do find a surgeon willing to give you implants at your age, parental consent will be required.. I advise you to wait.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Dear "So alone" please read my answer. Don't rush into having surgery.

The story that you tell is not at all uncommon. You are unfortunately not alone at all. The breasts are probably not your main issue now. I would strongly advise against any breast surgery right now. Breast surgery itself will not help you "be yourself"

I hope you are getting some therapy to help you deal with what you have been through. It is very important that you do so as soon as possible. There are techniques that you can learn to help with your mental suffering. It may take a while to get yourself settled, but you can do it.

You should only proceed with breast surgery with the agreement and guidance of your counselor. Now is not the time.

Good luck.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Troubled 16-year old desires breast augmentation

The teenage years should be a period of happiness and growth. I'm so sorry yours have been troubled. However, you sound like a survivor. I admire your courage.

To answer your question, based on age alone it would be difficult for a young woman of nearly sixteen to obtain breast implants. However, as a father and a physician your story is very compelling. What is really required is a detailed conversation about the implants: what they mean to you and how they can improve your life both physically and emotionally.

As a physician and a surgeon, it's my commitment to truly help and heal patients. Although you are asking about implants, know that is is your physical and mental well being that are foremost. My advice is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and a physician you are comfortable with. It sounds like you have loving parents who want the best for you. Include them in your process. Trust is paramount. All the best to you.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon