Are These Breast Implant Brands Safe? ( Sebbin, Cerefrom, Allergan Natrelle, Motiva )

Dear Doctors, are all the implants I have listed safe? My surgeon uses those brands, and I don't think I will have a choise in picking an implant brand for myself. So I just want to know if all of these brands are safe. Many Thanks!

Safe Choices for Breast Implants: Sientra, Allergan and Mentor

In the USA the only 3 Implant Companies licensed to sell breast  implants by their safety standards are Sientra, Allergan and Mentor.

The only breast implants that have FDA approval (in the US) are Allergan, Mentor and Sientra. The others do not. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Safe Implants

There are three companies with breast implants approved by the FDA for use in the U.S.A.  These are Allergan, Mentor, and Sientra.  These companies have excellent "warranties" on their implants and I would recommend using them if you are in the U.S.  The other companies that you mentioned are not approved in the U.S.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Implants safe?

Of the ones you listed, only the Allergan Natrelle implants are FDA approved for use in the United States. Please visit with a board certified PS who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Safe Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation

Of the implants noted, the only ones that are FDA approved to be used in the United States are Natrelle made by Allergan. Their safety record is extensively studied prior to and after approval by the FDA in the United States.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Safe Implants?

You have not stated where you live but in the US only three companies have FDA approval to sell breast implants.  Those companies are: Allergan, Mentor and Sientra.  Allergan and Mentor have been selling breast implants in the US for many years.  Sientra recently received approval but their implants have a history of use outside the US.  If you are having surgery in the US be careful to use only implants from those manufacturers and avoid surgery with any physician who is suggesting you use an implant that does not have FDA approval.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Do not use unsafe cheap implants!!! Stick to Anatomically shaped, Highly Cohesive Form Stable "Gummy Bear" Implants!!!

The only implants I am willing to use in my practice are Allergan style 410 anatomically shaped form stable highly cohesive gel and Sientra anatomically classic shaped form stable highly cohesive gel implants.  Any other type of implant is likely to be less safe and less effective at achieving a good result.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.