Did Breast Augmentation Revision Cause Nerve Damage?

I had breast augmentation revision, and I hate the results. Even worse, when I extend my left arm, a vein pops out from my arm pit and I can feel burning through my arm to my wrists. Is this nerve damage? Did the doctor cut something he shouldn't have? :(

Breast augmentation through the arm pit can cause nerve damage.

You probably have had trauma to one of the sensory nerves that travels from the chest to the arm.  The nerve was not cut because you are experiencing pain, not numbness.  This should improve as the trauma from the operation subsides.  If you are dissatisfied after two operations with your operation, it's time to get another opinion.

Question of complications following revision augmentation mammaplasty

It is difficult if not impossible to determine this online. There are many details which need to be evaluated such as the reasons for the revision, the surgical techniques, size of the implants, as well as the time course. A physical exam is essential and you should discuss this with your qualified surgeon or obtain a second opinion.

Pictures are helpful

Please attach picture to help us to give better answer. The implant should effect the never to the wrist. Did you have transaxilary surgery?

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Burning in arm?

It is difficult to say from your description what is going on.  Is there a cord popping out?  It could be a vein phlebitis, do you have numbness?  I would follow closely with your doctor.