I am getting my breasts done on Dec 14th and my family is going on vacation Dec 30th. Assuming everything is normal and okay is it safe to go on vacation, and does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much!
Advice For Breast Augmentation Recovery- Vacation Scheduled 2 Weeks Post Op
Doctor Answers 12
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Going on vacation 2 weeks after breast augmentation
Going on a trip after 2 weeks sound reasonable providing the recovery is uneventful. However, a lot of your decision should be based on the level of activity you anticipate during the vacation. Be sure you abide by your surgeon's post-operative instructions whether you go on vacation or not.
Vacation and recovery from breast augmentation
I don't see any reason you can't go on vacation provided that you recovery is progressing smoothly. Ask you surgeon specifically if it is okay.
You might also like...
Vacation 2 weeks after breast augmentation.
If your surgery goes well:
- No heavy lifting.
- No reaching up to the overhead bin.
- No extreme sports.
- No visits to the gym.
- Walking of the beach and floating around in the pool okay.
- Read a good book and for heaven's sake, relax and take it easy for once!
Make sure you are going somewhere where good medical care is available. I once had a patient "pop" a vessel and have a major bleed 4 weeks after an uneventful augmentation. She needed surgery in the middle of the night.
Vacation 2 weeks after Breast Augmentation
Travel should be okay 2 weeks after surgery- but it's really what you DO on your trip that would be the concern, right?
In other words, going on the trip should be okay, as long as you don't do anything on the trip (or along the way) that violates your surgeon's postoperative instructions.
Vacation after a breast augmentation
Provided that you are healing well without complication, going on a vacation a little over 2 weeks after your breast augmentation should be OK. You still will have restrictions in your activities which your surgeon should enumerate for you - and you need to follow them precisely - for if you have a problem, that will be a big problem being on vacation (though it depends on where you are going). You should also take some precautions while flying to help minimize the risk of developing clots in your legs and lungs.
I usually recommend to my patients to avoid strenuous activities for 3 weeks following breast augmentation surgery and this approach has served my patients very well over the years.
Post op travel
Travel after breast augmentation
As long as your recovery goes well, you should be fine to travel 2 weeks after breast augmentation. For a month after breast augmentation I ask my patients to avoid heavy lifting and exertion, so take it easy. Hydrate too!
Vacation and breast augmentation
In most cases, by two weeks you should be able to go on vacation as long as you take it easy and do not do anything in terms of exertion. I would not lift suitcases, etc.. But every once in a while a patient can have a complication and not be ready to go on vacation at two weeks
Vacation advice after breast augmentation
The best advice is go to relax and sun. Keep the schedule managable, and if in doubt don't.
Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.