Breast Augmentation, What Size Should I Get For My Frame? (photo)

I'm 5'7 170-175 lbs and according to the PS perception around 14-15 width. I want to get big breasts but not porn stars. My first ps said 750cc(crazy!) and so I recently saw another one and he said 650cc but maybe filled to 625-675 as I told him I don't want them TOO TOO big. I have stretch marks and this concerns me a little. I am thinking about a D or maybe, DD. I'm a 34B (closer to A) but Victoria's Sec does wonders. Is this the right size for me?

Too big

The pictures show bilateral tubular breast with very small base. You do not have soft tissue to cover large implants( more than 350). You will have issue after large implants not limited to sagging, rippling,thinning of skin and fake look. The size of the implant depends on the patient's breast size,shape and skin quality.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

Thank you for your question. The best way to choose an implant is to try them on before surgery.Just looking at the photos I would not have guessed a 14-15cm width. You also may need the infra mammary crease released to fit you implant. 750cc may be large for your body as you indicated. Best wishes Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx

Best implant size

The truth is that we can make your breasts as large as possible but it may not necessarily fit your build or lifestyle.  A 650 cc implant weighs almost 1 1/2 pounds each.  For every 200 cc or so you will go up a cup size.  Overly large implants can accelerate the aging process of the breasts and may result in unwanted stretch deformities.   

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “DD cup”  or “not porn star” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Choosing your implant

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Even with the dimensions given it is hard to determine what you need without an in person consultation. I would consider trying sample implants and showing your surgeon pictures of your desired result to help determine the size implant that should be used.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What size implant

I am not sure where you live, but around my area, most implants are in the 350-400 cc range. It is usually about 150cc to a cup change approximately. Your breasts also appear to be slightly conical (tubular), for which a small donut mastopexy may help round you out if that interests you.

I would suggest you look on the internet for women who have your volume breasts and a result you like. Usually they have type of implants and volume listed to guide you. Also a sizing system is available that can assist you in your surgeons office.

I think a full C to D cup you can carry at 5'7", but with that wide a base diameter would stay away from high profile implants especially with your conical look.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection 675 cc?

I think that the best thing for  you to do is try out different volumes that you may like. Your body most likely will not be able to handle such a larger implant at first becuase you looklike you have very narrow breasts.

675 cc Implants for Breast Augmentation

675 cc implants will probably increase your bra by 3 cup sizes or more.  You have to remember that the average size placed in the US is 350 cc.  So 675 cc is huge.  You should try on sizers in the office to get an idea.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What Size Should I Get For My Frame

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. 

I would not have guessed a breast width of 14 to 15 based on these photos, and I suspect implants the size you are considering are all way larger than are appropriate.

Furthermore, the nipple to fold distance is so short that a huge implant will be sitting very high toward the collar bone with a down pointing nipple/areola, and unsatisfying appearance. If large implants are placed lower than the current fold, you will be a set up for a double bubble that will be hard to correct. 

I don't like to guess sizes without an exam, but my hunch is that 400 cc might be a reasonable maximum size. 

Try another consult without stating a DD goal and see what is suggested. All the best. 

Choosing a Size for Breast Implants

You will need to be careful how large implants that you choose as you may not have sufficient soft tissue to cover large implants. You may need to adjust your objective accordingly.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS