I'm getting breast augmentation and was told that I needed a lift also. I really don't want a lift. What is your opinion? (photo

Would I be able to achieve great results without it and what kind of a implant would be the best.

I'm getting breast augmentation and was told that I needed a lift also. I really don't want a lift. What is your opinion?

Based on the photos you posted, you will benefit most with a breast augmentation with a lift.  If you just did an augmentation, you will most likely not achieve the great results you are hoping to achieve.  Try to look at photos of before and afters so you can get used to the the scar pattern and see what a lift can do for you.  There are many treatments to help minimize the appearance of the scar such as silicone sheeting or gels so definitely discuss your best options with your surgeon.  If you are really not wanting a lift, you can do the augmentation alone and do the lift later if you are unhappy with the results, but that will mean two fees and two recovery periods.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Aug with lift

After looking at your [pictures you definitely will need a lift.You will be unhappy if you don't get one.your breasts will be like socks with an orange or apple in it.Listen to your doctor.If your nipple is BELOW your inframammary crease ie where your breast hits you chest wall then yoiu need a lift.Hope this helps.Good luck.r

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I believe that you would benefit the most from a lift.  If you don;t get it, you will likely get a "ball-in-sock" result.  See a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Thank you for your question,
   You do have a fair amount of excess skin and your nipples need to be lifted a great deal. I agree that in order to achieve the best result you need a lift combined with an implant. Good luck!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

good evening!

lookign at your photos, i would strongly recommend a breast lift with your implant surgery.  The relation of your breast tissue and nipple complex to your breast fold is such that having just an implant is going to give you large low hanging and eventually saggy breasts.  I would imagine what you want is high, jiggily , perky breasts- something only achieveable iwth a breast lift and implants in your case.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

To achieve great results, you need a breast lift and an understanding of the operation and its risks.

Your photos strongly suggest that you need a breast lift operation to have more pleasing breast shapes. 

Breast implants, alone, would be a disservice if your nipples are below the breast crease folds.  This can be confirmed at the time of your plastic surgical consultation.

Breast implants (gel or saline) can be placed at the time of the lifts, or if you are unsure, after the lifts have healed.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

You need the lift. You have grade 3 ptosis and this can not be corrected with implants alone. Only skin excision will lift the breasts. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

As a plastic surgeon....my rule is..."never do a lift on someone you don'
t have to and Never 'not do a lift' when  you have to.".  No doubt...you need a lift, but it is the only way to achieve a balanced breast appearance.  You simply have to accept that, because, you would not be happy with larger droopy breast. 

K. Dwayne Fulks, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

In my opinion, I do believe that your outcome with out a lift would not benefit you at all. I suggest an anchor incision breast lift and the placement of an implant in order to get volume and to enhance your breast.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy

In some women, the breast and nipple hangs below the breast fold. If an augmentation (implant) alone is performed, the breast will hang over the implant. The implant will remain higher on the chest than the breast.

The goal of breast augmentation is to line up the implant and the breast so that they project together at the same level. The scar for a breast lift is generally a lollipop configuration: Around the nipple and vertically towards the breast fold.

The most common implant type and location is a smooth silicone implant placed beneath the muscle. This implant combined with a breast lift will provide youthful and "perky" breasts.