I'm 1 year post op, and my breasts are different shapes. Is this normal? 360cc saline implants (Photo)

I got Saline 360 cc. I am 1 year post op and my left breast looks different longer shape than my right one and more slushy. The right one seems more round and feels closer to the middle. Is this normal? I feel like they look very low and different.

Not at all unusual

We don't know what your breasts looked like to begin with but it is quite possible that there was some difference (asymmetry) to start which is very common. The left breast seems to be a bit "bottom heavy" meaning that it is somewhat lower, also a bit more toward the middle and the distance from your nipple to the fold is bit longer.

It is also possible that a minor difference in dissection on that side at surgery led to this result.  As it has been 1 year, it is unlikely that there will be any further change.  If you are comfortable with the minor asymmetry you can certainly leave well enough alone as revision surgery is certainly not perfect.  On the other hand, if you are really bothered by your result you should speak with your plastic surgeon about options. The easiest solution is probably to modify the pocket internally on the left side to adjust that implant a bit upwards and towards the outside to improve your symmetry.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Issues with Breast Implants

Thank you for your inquiry about breast augmentation and healing.

I am sorry you are having these issues. If you are having serious concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon's office for advice. If you are no longer in contact with your plastic surgeon, you should find a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.

You can go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best Wishes.

Assymetry post op aug

It looks like your left implant has bottomed out a little which can occur and can be corrected.I would go back to the surgeon who did your original procedure and talk to him/her.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You should go see your PS to discuss this.  You need to be examined in person to determine the specific problems here and possible solutions.  Best of luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

I'm 1 year post op, and my breasts are different shapes. Is this normal? 360cc saline implants

A before posted photo would help to see if you were asymmetric before. Also appears unevenness and bottoming has occurred. You need ONLY IN PERSON evaluations... 

Thank you for the question and pictures. The breast implant positioning concerns that you have are visible in the photographs you have posted.   

If the breast implant position problem remains a concern, capsulorraphy techniques (internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets) may be indicated. This involves removal of a segment of breast implant capsule among the inferior/lower aspect of the left breast implant pocket. The 2 edges of  capsule tissue are sutured to one another with suture. This procedure reduces the size of the implant pocket and prevents the descent  of the implants, keeping the breast implants in better position on the chest wall and keeping the nipple/areola complexes  better centered on each breast mound.

You may find the attached link, discussing breast  implant displacement concerns, helpful to you.

Asymmetric breast one year later

It looks like you have "bottoming out of the implants". This can happen due to the weight of the implants, excessive stretching of the pocket, or loss of integrety of the infra-mammary fold. This can be fixxed with a revision surgery. You should be able to have a great result. Check back with your surgeon.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Different shapes of breasts after an augmentation

Really need to see pre operative photos to understand your exact problem.  Currently you have some bottoming out of the implant.  This can be due to excessive weight of the implant stretching the capsule inferiorly.  You may also have some degree of either capsular contracture or asymmetric pocket dissection.   Ask your plastic surgeon for advise.   

Bottoming out

It looks like you may have some bottoming out of both breasts. Best to check with your surgeon and possibly consider a revision.

Results after one year

Thank you for your picture. Your breast shape is a bit odd at one year. I think you require revision for a better breast shape.  I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon. If you feel uncomfortable with his or her recommendations seeking second opinions.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS